C H A P T E R • F O U R

YONA HAD PRAYED THE HARD KNOCK AT THE DOOR TO BE ETHAN SNEAKING OVER TO KEEP HER COMPANY. Gola mused it was their father returning to confess that he'd stumbled upon senses and made ready to leave Sylvia at whatever hotel he'd discovered her. To the smith sisters dismay it wasn't the man either of them had dreamed it to be. But instead a rather nervous looking Levi richards.

"Levi?!" Gola and Yona both questioned in sync, one pulling the dripping strawberry blonde inside to safety from the raging storm.

"I'm so, so sorry." Levii suddenly blurted almost in anguish, looking past both gola and yona.

Yona furrowed her eyebrows firstly at Levi who was acting peculiar to say the least then at Gola for answers.

Gola, Levi Richard long time best friend was clueless.  She couldn't fathom what could've possibly turn her golden boy such a pale  shade of blue. Other than his endless  petty complaints of one of his roommates  he'd not spoken of anything troublesome.

She couldn't even recognize the man before her who seemed a boy just hours ago. Where there had been a constant crooked smile, criminal puns and silly flirtation was now echoing eerie silence, absent starring with his famed smile pressed firmly into a thin line.

Gola grabbed his hand, gently pushing him down onto one of the couches. "It's ok, you don't have to be sorry. We weren't doing anything anyways."

"No." Levi murmured, his voice throaty. "You don't understand."

He glanced at yona for a mere moment before finally locking his hazel eyes upon Gola. She couldn't help but notice the dark brazen eye bags under his newly hollow eyes.

"You don't have to apologize for being upset." Gola comforted, gently removing the dampened hair away from his eyes. "We all get upset sometimes. Its ok."

Quickly and with much more force than Gola would have liked Levi caught her hand before she was able to remove another piece of hair.

"I HATE WHEN YOU DO THAT." He growled, throwing her fist and rising to his feet.

Yona was gola's side in a flash, her eyes sharpened like knives and all of them directed towards Levi.

He had never raised his voice nor been angry with her before. "Levi?" Gola begged in almost a whimper with wide eyes.

"I'm going to do something horrible. I have to do something horrible."

"If you don't want to do it then don't, Levi?"Gola croaked a suggestion, rising to her feet to put a hand on his shoulder.

He glared at her. Making her flinch and take several steps back.

Yona returned his icy glare with a bite.

"I have to. It's the only way. This way the curse will break and we'll still be together—" He stopped talking  mid sentences, his gaze locking on one of the large windows.

"Its getting dark." He told her, pulling a scarlet rose from his pocket and holding it out for her.

Gola took it hesitantly still utterly confused and concerned with his abnormal behavior. "Ok...I'll uh get some candles. Maybe a lamp?"

Yona looked Levi from head to toe, still glaring. As if to say who-do-you-think- you-are-talking to my sister like that before following Gola to aid with the candles. When the two had returned, candle light lighting the way, the door was wide open and Levi was gone.

In defeat Gola sat down and threw herself backwards onto the couch, letting a deep breath loose from her chest.

"Good riddens!" Yona chuckled, lighting the of the other candles on the candelabrum. "Don't sulk, little mouse. It'll give you wrinkles. Help me light the candles around  the house."

Gola knew that yona wanted to keep her from overthinking about Levi by keeping her busy but being worked to death wasn't at better alternative. "Certainty you don't mean to put candles in every  room in this house?"

"Of course I do. We might not have that many candles but Sylvia has a bunch of fancy scented ones that we could burn just to see that hilariously dumb enraged face she makes. We could tell daddy that we were doing her a kindness by filling the house with her favorite scents too. And he'll be all upset at her for being  mad at us."

Gola's eyes lit up at yona's impish smirk. "we should also do her a kindness by eating her macaroons, and ice cream which will certainly spoil without the power."

"Gola my dear, you are truly a brilliant saint." yona complemented taking her sisters hand as they nearly danced their way into the kitchen.

"Yona dear, your beauty is only overshadowed by you selflessness. Akin only to that of a goddess." Gola laughed.