C H A P T E R • T W E N T Y

NIGHT TERRORS

P A R T :                                               I.

HALLOWEEN HORROR MOVIES PLASTERED ALL OF THE TELEVISIONS INSIDE THE SMITH MANOR. Perhaps half of the televisions in the country yet the only fright Gola had witnessed was seeing Yvonne at her doorstep. It shouldn't have startled her the way it did but seeing yvonne practically posing with ease at the front door with that knowing smirk and amusement glinting in those emerald eyes left Gola more than a little winded. The moonlight had carved her out a deity. An enchanting moon queen. Yvonne was so beautiful it was often downright terrifying. Wicked even.

Surprise had also shaken her. She'd forgotten all about the small get together. Gola would like to place all of her alarm on the latter rather than the former although she as well as yvonne know better.

"Ah if it isn't the witch." Yona greeted Yvonne from behind a muddled Gola.

"Ah if it Isn't the bîtch." Yvonne returned, pushing past Gola inside the house as if she owned the place.

Gola bliked at their not so friendly banter before attempting to close the door. The door was stopped by small hand sporting three dark colorless bracelets.

Nyx.

Apparently this was a sleepover for frenemies. Hopefully no one would be stabbed in their sleep.

She once again sought to close the door only to be stopped yet again. And in clicked Kathe, America and Kennedy.

Kathe beamed brighter than any sun could dream, America's eyes fluttered around the living room before settling on yvonne, and kennedy hadn't taken her eyes off of the door. As if already regretting her decision.

"Balance." Gola sighed, holding out a hand for kathe's bags. Kathe appeared a bit dazed but obliged, handing over her four designer bags without hesitation. "Where are we gonna put all of them?"

"Put them?" Yona retorted, addled as if her sister has spoken a different language.

"Put us?"

Everyone dawned confusion besides Yvonne who mirrored pure amusement.

"Yeah, y-you know like for sleep." Gola stumbled, glancing at kathe in hopes that at least she would back her up. But Kathe seemed as twice as addled as the rest of the girls. "Where do we put them to sleep."

"Oh little sister." Yona laughed, something bright and dangerous gleaming in her eyes. "Who said anything about sleeping?"

Yona accepted this golden opportunity to flaunt her regal room with open arms. Basking in the cliques astonished gasps. Gola could hardly quell an eyeroll.

"This vintage decor is to die for!" Kathe breathed in awe. Yona's room like most of the rooms in the home had been restored to there former victorian glory. Fit for a young heiress. Yona's room boasted opulent gleaming polished wooden floors, a king sized bed veiled with a sheer rose canopy and smothered in handwoven quilts, embroidered tasseled pillows and silks. There was also the almost picture frame like windows that stretched from the floor to the towering domed ceiling, vanilla velvet cushioned love-seats, hearth, honey hued chandelier, and vast framed mirrors.