Chapter 14 - Everyone Has Their Own Pace

~After the battle

Beast boy plopped down on his bed on his back.

"Ugh." He rubbed his side. During their recent battle he was slammed against a wall.

"This hurts so much!!" He started to complain.

*sigh*

"Maybe I can get Raven to help me?"
With that Beast boy walked out of his room to find Raven.
He walked down the hall and was about to turn around the corner and then he bumped into someone.

"Beast boy?" Raven said surprised.

"Raven! Just the little lady I was looking for..." He then noticed that she was carrying a tool box.

"What are you doing with that?"
He asked eyeing the box.

"Ah, Cyborg needed it. It seems he got quite roughed up from our recent battle." She replied.

"Oh...Did you get injured anywhere?" He asked her.

"No, I'm fine. But I can't say the same thing about Cyborg. I better get this to him.." she tried to walk off.

"Wait! Let me carry it for you." He stopped her.

"I'm perfectly capable of carrying a tool box by myself Beast boy." She raised an eyebrow at him.

"Yeah, I know. I just wanted to use it as an excuse to walk with you..." he smiled at her.

"...okay." she said in defeat, slightly blushing, and gave him the box.

Then they both walked off to Cyborg's room.

~~~

Raven opened the door and headed inside the room first.

"Ah thanks Rav- Beast boy!?" Cyborg said surprised to see his buddy.

"Hey Cy. How are you holding up?" -Bb

"Oh, I'll be fine. Just a few loose bolts." -Cy

Beast Boy gently put the box down on the ground and opened it.

"Thanks you two, I've got it from here." Cyborg thanked them both and they were on their way out.

~~~

"I didn't realize Cyborg was having difficulty with his arm after the police showed up.." Beast boy thought aloud.

"Yeah, I don't think he even noticed he was injured until now either." Raven replied back to him.

"What about the others? Are they okay?"

"Starfire had a few scratches on her knees. I helped her first so she should be fine. Robin hasn't asked for any help and he seemed fine. You know how he likes to keep things to himself."

"Yeah..." he stared at the ground

"Are you sure you weren't injured?-" she asked as she nudged his side.

"ah!" Beast boy backed away in pain.

"Whoa! You okay?"

"No actually, that's what I wanted to talk to you about. I think I bruised my side when I took that hit.." he admitted.

They walked towards the bathroom and Beast boy took a seat.
Raven bent down so she could get a better glimpse of his wound.

"Lift your arm up a bit more for me.." She said as she helped Beast Boy lift up his arm.

He had a huge bruise on his side, under his arm.

"Yeah, you're definitely bruising. We're gonna have to ice it." Raven said as she lightly touched it.

"Ow!" Beast boy flinched.

"..I'm sorry, I'd use a healing spell but I used a lot of my energy in battle...I don't think any of my spells would have any effect."

"No, I understand. You don't need to apologize." He assured her.

"I wish I wasn't so drained of energy right now. Our fight was never finished so we need to heal quickly. We never know when the alarm will go off again."

"Well, I hope it doesn't go off for a while. It tends to go off when we're in the middle of an important moment." He pouted.

"Importan- Beast boy are you pouting?" Raven looked at him.

"So what if I am? I have every right to."

He looked at her in the corner of his eyes. " Raven...do you think we're...awkward?"

"... I don't know..maybe."

"....is that bad?"

"No, not at all." She responded.

"What makes you so sure?"

"We haven't really dated anyone before Beast boy. So of course it's going to be a little awkward. And we're titans, we're busy trying to keep Jump City safe."

"So we're not...slow. Or too slow for a better use of words."

"No, Beast boy. Everyone.. has their own pace."

"Hm.. how do you know about that? Is that what you've been reading about all this time till now?" He smirked at her teasingly.

"Are you sure it's a smart idea to tease the person tending to your wounds?" Raven asked rasing her eyebrow yet again.

"You're not gonna hurt me, you lov-"
Just before he could finish Raven touched his bruise again.

"Ow! Raven!!"

"Whoops!" She said shocked even though she did it on purpose. We really need to hurry and put some ice on this before either gets worse."

"That really hurt Raven." He stared to complain again for the billionth time.

"Well that's what you get for trying to tease me. AND for carrying the tool box when you were injured!"

"C'mon Mama, I just wanted an excuse to walk with you."

Raven put gently put his arms down to his side.

"You don't need an excuse to walk with me." 

Beast Boy couldn't help but smile.

"I'm going to get an ice pack, I'll be back." Raven said as she headed towards the kitchen.

"Okay."