chapter 5 - Rose bushes

Beast boy

It was 4 in the morning and everyone was asleep. Me? I was sitting on a log many feet across from the tower. There was a small lake on my left and I was surrounded by bushes. I couldn't sleep and ended up coming here. All I could do was think about Rae. It has been a day now, and she's been avoiding me. The more we learn about each other, the more we drift apart.

Me and Rae aren't really close but that doesn't mean I want us to drift apart. And whenever I try to confront her about everything that has happened in the past week she quickly runs away from me, she doesn't even look me in the eye. Maybe I went too far, putting her in such an awkward position. Not only that but told her that she had been acting weird within 25 hrs of just figuring out that she..... that she thought of me in an entirely different way than I had thought. Does she even know that I know that she likes me?
Does she know that I like her?
Not only that but my silver pendant has gone missing. I can't find it anywhere. It's like it has completely disappeared.

I started to sigh.

"If only" I thought aloud "If only I hadn't walked into her room that day maybe........maybe everything would go back to how it used to be. But was everything better then?"

"Beast boy?"

I looked to my right and I really wasn't that surprised because she comes here quite often. How do I know that? You don't need to know.

"Raven?" I quickly stood up.

She stared at me for a couple seconds and when she realized she hadn't ran away yet, she just had to try. But she couldn't because I had already grabbed her wrist.

"Raven." I stopped her.
"

We...we need to talk."

*****

It was cold, and the white flower petals from the trees had fallen onto the pond.

'Now is perfect.'
I thought.
'I've been waiting for this perfect time to fix everything. We're teammates, or we could be more. But I can't handle it, keeping this to myself.

"It's pretty cold tonight." I said with a nervous smirk.

Raven spoke. "What did you want to talk about? I'm sure you didn't stop me to talk about the weather?"

She looked at her right, the opposite direction from me.

"Right Uh, I-I"

"Beast boy I'm leaving-."

"No wait!" I interrupted. "If I don't do anything, nothing will change! I don't even know where to start." I held my head in my hands.

"What? where to start?"she asked.

"Yeah..." I answered.

"Did you want to ask me something?" She suggested.

"Kinda........ well ever since the case with Dr. Light you've been keeping your distance?"

Raven let out a sigh."You noticed?"

"Obviously." I said.

"No, ........well I'm not sure but I think I know what you're- sorry- our problem is."

" You do?"

" Yeah but first" she reached into her pocket inside her cape. "I've been trying to give it back but you became hard to approach, here."

She opened up her hand which had a silver pendant inside and opened it.

"This is yours, Right?"

"Yes! Oh my gosh thanks Raven! Where'd you find it?!"

"....In l-love's backyard." she said  looking at me.

"oh."

"Mind telling me how it ended up there?" she raised an eyebrow at me.

*******

I told her everything, how I got in her mind, how I figured out everything, and why I went into her room to begin with and I was ready for every single punch but there was no need.

" I know." she sighed

" what? then why-"

" I just wanted to hear you say it yourself. I find this quite hard to believe." she said.

"I know we don't know much about each other but I think you're really amazing." I said smiling. " I'm sorry for everything that's happened. I should've told Love to bring me back as soon I got there."

Rae started to blush and tried to hide her face. "It's fine."

" and I don't want to wait any longer to ask you. I've wasted a lot of time, and I know for sure that If I don't tell you now then I might never get the courage to say it."

I gently took hold of Rae's hand, and looked her in the eye.

" Raven I like- ......no.... Raven I really like you a lot, Like I can't even explain it.

We were silent for a couple seconds, then tears started to form in her eyes. She started to smile. She gently rested her hands on my chest, burying her face in my shirt.

" I like you a lot too"

Wind started to blow the amethyst rose bushes and the flower petals floated in the air.

I smiled at the fact that we finally pushed to becoming something more than teammates and wrapped my arms around her.

Omg guys I'm so sorry this took so long, Before I knew it it had already been 3 months. But this won't be the end, I can't just let it stop here. Again I'm really sorry!!!