Chapter 13

DANS POV

The blazing light from the sun shone through my window, forcing my eyes to squint open.

I sighed and stretched my arms out, picking up my phone that was left next to my head.
I smiled, remembering the early morning phone call to Phil.

My stomach did a small back flip just thinking about it.
I grinned, spinning around and jumping out of bed.
Though I called him out of bad circumstances, I wouldn't swap that phone call for the world.

"Dan, Breakfast!" I heard my mum bellow up the stairs.
"Coming!" I yelled back, putting on my totoro slippers and leaving my room.

I skipped down the stairs, taking a seat at the table.
I stared out the bowl of cereal in front of me, thanking my mum, who simply grunted in response.

I scooped the corn flakes onto my spoon and shoved them in my mouth, picking up my phone and scrolling through tumblr.

Message: AmazingPhil

I clicked on the notification and read his message.

Phil: I miss youuuu, come back to my place next Saturday?

My lips spread out into a wide smile as I eagerly texted back.

Sure! Can't wait, see you then :)

I dropped my phone and put my head in my hands, grinning like an idiot.

It still hasn't sunk in that I'm friends with Phil fucking Lester.

I scooped a few more spoons of cereal into my mouth before walking into the kitchen, cleaning the rest of the cereal in the bin and putting the empty bowl into the dishwasher.

I ran upstairs and into my room again, pulling out my laptop and going onto YouTube.

Upload: AmazingPhil

I clicked quickly on the video, noting my face in the thumbnail.

Phil is not on fire

I watched the whole video, laughing aloud whilst doing so.

It all feels like a dream. Watching the video back gave me a warm, fuzzy feeling that no other person could give me.

Phil had an affect on me that no one ever had done before.

Maybe it's because he's practically famous, and I can call him my friend.

But it feels like more than that.. I think.
I played with the straight strand of hair that was rested over one of my eyes.

I sat in silence for at least ten minutes, going through every thought and feeling I had about Phil in my head.
He doesn't feel like just a friend, but like I said, isn't that because I've known him on the internet for so long?
I groaned at rubbed my face with my hands.

I sighed loudly, pulling out my phone and calling a contact that I desperately needed to phone.

"Dan?"
"Louise." I breathed.

"What's up?" She asked.
"I-I think I like someone.. but I don't know."
"As in like like?"
"I don't know" I whined, "I'm so confused, I don't know wether I like them or I'm just excited coz I actually have a cool friend." I laughed slightly.

"Tell me about them." She asked.
"They're so funny, they're smile could light up a damn room and their laugh, oh my god Lou, they stick their tongue out slightly when they laugh and it's the cutest thing I've ever seen and we have the same interests and I went round their house and their families so sweet and-" I could feel myself rambling but once I started listing every amazing factor about this boy, I couldn't stop.
"They're so kind to me, and we got coffee together and they like Muse too!" I breathed.

I heard Louise giggle slightly on the other side of the phone.
"Damn, I really do like them don't I?" I mumbled.
"Sounds like it." She laughed.
I groaned, "My parents will kill me if they find out.."

"Why?" She questioned.

"I-it's a boy." I whispered.
"Oh! That's cool, what's their name?"
"Phil." I murmured.
I heard her chuckle, "Like Phil Lester?"
"Uh, it's actually Phil Lester.." I mumbled.

"Shut up, seriously?" She asked.
"Yeah."

"You got coffee with Phil Lester?" She yelled.
I laughed, still not being able to believe it myself.
"I don't believe you Dan, you nearly got me, but I'm not falling for it."
"I swear I'm not lying Lou," I suddenly remembered the video, "Go on his YouTube page."

I heard the clicks of her keyboard through the phone, followed by a loud gasp.
"What the fuck! Why haven't you told me about this?" She exclaimed.
"I don't know, I think I've only come to terms with this myself." I laughed.

A long pause was held before she spoke again, "So.. you're friends with Phil.. Phil Lester and you think you might like him?" She asked.

"Yeah, I think so."

She paused again,

"Fucking marry him Dan, Jesus."