Chapter 18

DANS POV

I woke up quickly, my eyes fluttering open as the light from the window shone down on my face, the ghost of phil's lips still resting on my cheek.

Grinning to myself, I sat up in the bed, feeling grateful to have a roof over my head for the first night in a while.

I know it wouldn't last long, I'm sure Phil would kick me out soon enough so I wanted to make the most of it.

The room was weirdly quiet as I looked round, taking in everything.
A bundle of blankets were left on the floor, telling me Phil had slept there the last night.

Part of me felt bad, but the larger part was just largely grateful that I had a bed to sleep in.

My nose twitched as the golden smell of syrup and pancake mix wafted in the air around me.
A smile played on my lips as I stepped out of bed, running my fingers through my dry, wavy hair.

The floorboards creaked as I walked out of Phil's room and onto the landing.

I held on to the banister and jogged down the stairs, the smell getting stronger and more mouth watering by the second.
"Dan?" I heard Phils voice call.
I walked into the kitchen and grinned, seeing Phil leaning on the counter.
"Sleep well?" He asked, a large smile appearing on his face as he saw me.
I nodded quickly, "Yeah, thanks for lending me your bed."
"No problem." He replied, grabbing the frying pan and flipping the pancake over.
I gave him a grateful nod and walked over to him, gazing down at the pancake he was currently making.

"Looks delicious." I told him truthfully, my stomach giving out a small growl.
He giggled softly and shuffled closer to me, "What d'ya want to do today?" He asked.
I shrugged, "I honestly don't mind."

Phil glanced out the window, looking up at the grey, cloudy sky.
He gave me a lopsided smirk, "It's too cold to leave the house today."
I nodded in agreement, feeling relieved I didn't have to go outside today.

"Can we play the sims?" I asked him, realising I hadn't played in ages.
"Sure!" He exclaimed, a smile stretching across his face.
I ran to grab his iPad whilst he finished cooking the pancakes.

I jumped on his sofa, grabbing a blanket and snuggling up into it. A grin appeared on my face as I opened the app, looking at the family Phil had created.
"Jesus Christ." I muttered, looking at the massive mansion he had.
Phil appeared next to me with two plates in his hands, chuckling slightly.
"I've been playing for a while." He noted, whilst I scrolled through his seven family members that all had high up, well paid jobs.
"I only have a small sim family that live in a tiny house." I told him, laughing slightly.
He sat down next to me, budging up so we were practically squished together.
I gazed up at him as he took the iPad out of my hands, his eyes lighting up with joy as he flicked through his sim characters.
A warm fuzzy feeling appeared in my chest as I realised I was sat next to Phil.. Phil Lester.
-
The sky had turned a deep black colour, but we remained on the sofa, sleepily watching Shane Dawson on their family tv.
I could feel Phil's eyes burning into the side of my head, but I was too scared to turn to look at him.

I giggled slightly as Shane did a loud pig snort, making Phil chuckle too.
Finding the courage to do so, I looked sideways to Phil, noting the large blush that appeared on his face.

"Why are you staring at me?" I asked him, my voice barely a whisper.
"I-I wasn't." He stuttered, the obvious lie making him go even more red.
I looked at him with raised eyebrows for a moment before he sighed.
"Okay I was, I-I don't know. You just looked so happy and adorable and y-yeah." He spluttered, making me cheeks go a warm crimson colour.

"Sorry." He murmured.

Without thinking, I leant forward, pressing my lips firmly on his. My heart raced as fireworks exploded in my body, my mind going at a hundred miles per hour, trying to figure out if I made the correct decision.
My head calmed as I felt his lips capture mine as well, sending tingling sensations firing throughout my body.

The kiss ended soon and was short, but I couldn't get the feeling out my head.
I bit my lip slightly, my face heating up.
Phil hid behind his raven fringe, his face going
a bright scarlet.
"I'm sorry, that came from no where." I whispered.
A small smile tugged on the corner of his lips, "Don't be, I liked it."

"I-I liked it too." I blushed, feeling so damn awkward.

He shifted closer, so he was merely on my lap.
His hand rested on my thigh as we continued to watch YouTube.
A sudden warmth filled my body as I began to feel like this was the beginning of something special.

-
-

(A/N)
Ayy, guess who hasn't published in ages and returns with a cringey ass badly written chapter
mE!
But yeah anyway, just a smol heads up that the next chapter will be a time jump to 2012 ;)
-ObsessedBandTrash☃️