Chapter 19

DANS POV

20th December 2012

I skipped up to Phil, who was currently making a bowl of cereal, and wrapped my arms around him from behind, feeling him jolt up quickly before relaxing in my arms, taking a long breath out.

"Hi Danny." He whispered, turning around and bringing his arms up around my neck and placing a small kiss on my lips.

"Morning." I croaked, grinning at him.
"I would make you some cereal but-" He started.
"Don't tell me, you just made the last bowl?" I interrupted.

"Maybe." He smiled sheepishly.
I rolled my eyes sarcastically and chuckled to myself, reaching into the cupboard and taking out a oatmeal bar.

"Ew." Phil mumbled, scrunching his nose up in disgust.
I raised my eyebrows, bopping the bar on his nose gently, "Yes, Lester. That's what I have to eat when you keep eating all the cereal." I joked with fake aggression.

He giggled quietly, his tongue poking out through his teeth.

"What are the plans for today?" He asked, lifting up his bowl of cereal, and walking down the corridor and over to the couch in our living room.

"I was thinking we could go out and get some presents and then put up the tree." I shrugged, following him.

"Can we go to convent garden?" Phil asked excitedly.
I nodded, laughing to myself.
It's our first Christmas living in London, and I know it's going to be way more exciting than Christmas in Manchester.

"We need to tidy the house as well, Louise is coming tomorrow." I told Phil, who nodded, shovelling another spoonful of cornflakes into his mouth.

Louise moved back to England early last year, and now she frequently visits.
She has a soft spot for Phil, she says he's 'the literal sun'  which is very true.

Phil finished his breakfast, and walked out the room and to the kitchen.

"I'm gunna get changed!" He called down the hall.

"Alright!" I yelled back, scrunching up the wrapper for my oat bar and chucking it across the room, roughly aiming for the bin but missing by a couple of inches.

Not before long, Phil came back in shirtless with two tops in his hand.

I smirked at him as he held them up, "Which one?"

I pointed to the galaxy coloured one and walked up to him, "It doesn't matter anyway, you'll be wearing a jumper."

He gasped in fake shock, "Of course it matters Daniel."

I shoved him playfully, making him snigger slightly.
I wrapped my arms around his bare back and frowned at the temperature of his body.
"Phil it's freezing, go put a shirt on." I laughed.
"No you're warm." He whined, dragging out the last word.

"But you're making me cold too." I whined back, mimicking him.
He gripped onto me tighter, pressing a kiss to my neck.
"Good." He whispered.

All of a sudden, he shoved his freezing cold hands up the back of my shirt, making me leap back and scream out in shock.
"Phil I hate you!" I yelled, jumping back onto the couch and burying myself in blankets.
He stood in the doorway, cackling loudly.

I pouted at him, making him walk over to me and kiss my forehead.
I groaned and pushed him away in fake annoyance.
"I'm sorry babe, you love me really." He whispered.
I hummed back and snuggled down further into the blanket.
"Heyyyy." He moaned, sticking his bottom lip out.
I rolled my eyes and smirked, "Love you Philly."
He grinned and walked out the room, the two shirts still in his hand.

I lay on my back and stared at the ceiling, a smile still on my face.
"Hurry up!" I heard Phil call.

I chuckled and got up from the sofa and made my way to my room, picking out a random shirt and jumper and flinging them on.

Sighing, I stared at my reflection in the mirror, fixing my fringe and pulling my jumped down slightly.

A pair of hands wrapped around my waist, making me jump slightly.
"You look beautiful." Phil mumbled, craning his neck round to kiss my cheek.

"Thanks darling." I murmured, reaching back to grab his hand.

"Ready?" He asked, swinging my arm with his.
I nodded, smiling widely.
"Let's gooo." Phil laughed, leading me out my bedroom door.

We reached the front door, and dropped hands.
Phil looked at me sadly, "Maybe one day we can walk out the door and keep our hands together."
"Maybe." I whispered, leaning up against him and giving him one last kiss before he opened the door and we had to put on the persona of 'two best friends' - which was true, but he's more than a best friend to me.

But everything's too complicated to come out at the moment, maybe one day.

Just not now.