Chapter Twenty-Six

Jessica's head hurt as she opened her eyes. The world around her felt groggy and unclear, her limbs were heavy, and she just wanted to fall back into the darkness that was like a fluffy, silent cloud that pulled her deep into sleep. Slowly, she turns her head to the left to see Jen, well someone resembling Jen, looking back at her with the same confused expression.

"Who the fuck are you?" Maybe-Jen inquires. 

"Jessica." She replies. "Who are you and why do you look like my best friend?"

"What are you two arguing about?!" Katie cries from Jessica's right. Slowly, Jess turns to see that she too was in the same state as Maybe-Jen. This woman looked like Katie but it was like she aged ten years in a few hours. "Whoa, you're old."

"Hey!" Jess whines. "So are you!"

"Wait, so you guys are my friends?" Maybe-Jen inquires. 

"I hope so." Jess mumbles as Maybe-Katie mumbles a doubtful. 

"You're all awake!" Someone cries from the doorway, immediately all three girls snap their attentions to a woman who stood in the doorway with a clipboard clutched to her chest. "Oh, Dr. Banner will be so glad that you've woken so soon."

"So soon?" Maybe-Katie questions. "How come I remember being put under so many times? That doesn't resemble soon."

"I don't even remember what I had for lunch before the accident!" Jess sighs. "How do you remember that?"

"You didn't eat." Maybe-Jen answers. "So you wouldn't remember it....I guess."

Bruce walks in and steps around the nurse with a small smile, yet the girls could tell it was tired and forced. He whispers to the nurse and gestures for her to leave, which she does after a few seconds of staring at the girls. Bruce grabs a chair and drags it to the front of their medical beds.

"Dad? What's going on?" Maybe-Katie questions. "What's wrong with them?!"

"When Jessica got hit by the blast." Bruce sighs while taking off his glasses. "Something happened within her body, her molecular structure was drastically changed. Somehow you three were also affected by it, we don't know how, but..."

"What about that one agent?" Maybe-Jen questions.

"Three?" Jess whispers to herself. "Who else was with us?"

"He...he didn't make it." Bruce shakes his head. "That's why we're keeping a close eye on you girls, especially you Jessica."

"Wait...whoa." Jess holds her hand in the air as her brain tries to wrap around what Bruce had just half-assed explained. "Who else was with us?"

"Wow, guys, already forgetting about me." A man groans from the far right of Maybe-Katie. His voice was lower and rough, but all three girls seemed to recognize him anyway.

"What the fuck?! Peter!" Maybe-Jen cries. "Wow, you're hot."

"Hands off!" Maybe-Katie orders. "He's mine....you're still mine right?"

"Of course...what's wrong with my voice?" Peter demands.

"You all were aged seven years." Bruce states, his eyes warily watching Peter. "Katie, you're twenty two years old. Jessica, you're twenty three. Jen you're twenty four...and Peter, you're officially twenty five." 

"Damn." Jen mumbles. "My friends are hot in their twenties."

"Jen!" Katie cries. "We just discovered that we missed seven years of our lives and you....I can't even look at you right now!"

"What? So you can call your boyfriend hot but I can't call you hot?" Jen demands. "For the love of god." 

"Wait, so what happened to us? Why were we put under so many times?" Jessica inquires. 

"Your father." Bruce shakes his head. "He...he didn't believe you were ready and we weren't going to have the rest of you wake up if Jessica was under. It'd be too complicated." 

"Surprisingly, your bodies haven't aged further while you were sleeping." Tony's voice rings through the room, everyone jumps and turns to look at him leaning against the door frame. "But they should resume aging now, after I ran my tests."

"You were running tests?" Jen raises her eyebrows as Bruce gives the billionaire a look. 

"I remember something." Jess whispers. "The man that shot us...I think I know him."

"You said that a few times." Bruce sighs while rubbing his temples. "I was just going to ask if you still wanted to see him."

"Wait, they're here?" Katie cries.

"Yes, we'd only have Jessica see him first though...since you claim to know him." Bruce explains. "We don't know how they'll react-"

"And it'll be easier to save one crippled than four." Jessica interrupts.

"Yeah." Bruce agrees after a few seconds of silence. 

"I don't know if that's a good idea." Tony calls. "Maybe you all should rest and think about it tomorrow."

"I think we've done enough resting, Mr. Stark." Peter replies. 

"Tony, can I talk to you for a second?" Bruce questions while gesturing to the hallway. Tony sighs and walks out of the room, Bruce smiles at the group before standing and quickly following after the billionaire. Jessica turns to Jen with a sad smile. 

"Hey, I think you look hot too." She states.

"Tony!" Bruce purses his lips while shutting the door behind him. "Why are you lying to them? You never took any tests, I told you that you couldn't be there when they woke up."

"I don't want my daughter to hate me." Tony replies. "Chris is still in the basement, he still hates me with a passion...I can't have Jessica feel the same way."

"You put her to sleep every time she moved a finger." Bruce shakes his head. "She's going to figure it out. Some patients don't remember right away, but eventually she will. Would you rather tell her the truth now or have her figure it out later?"

"Just...give me some time." Tony orders while running a hand through his hair. "Let her....let her see that guy." 

"I was planning on it." Bruce shrugs. "With or without you. Don't forget, I still am the doctor here."

=======

So like...does it make sense what happened to them or am I just dragging y'all along? I'm sorry in advance/did not edit

-Author Out