Chapter Thirty

"Where are you going?" Chris questions as Jess stands a few minutes later. Her eyes slowly cast down to him, they filled with pain despite her face being as calm as can be. "What are you planning?"

"I'm planning to get you out of here." She states while pulling him to his feet. "I'll help you become someone else. You could become a therapist or whatever else your heart desires. After everything we've been through, we both deserve the ending we want. Hydra won't find you, Chris." 

"Stark will probably kill you." Chris shakes his head while walking away from his sister. "You realize that right?"

"Have you been taking your medications?" Jessica inquires, ignoring his statement about their father. "Listening to Bruce?"

"Of course, I don't want to be a sedated mess." Chris rolls his eyes. She smiles at him and teleports a backpack filled with all his medications, supplies, and an extra pair of clothes to his feet. "How....Jessica you can't." 

"Whatever is happening up there," She sighs. "Isn't going to end clearly. No matter what, someone will get hurt. Go find a girl, Chris, make me an aunt, and live your life like it's supposed to be. Not as some agent that's brainwashed beyond reason!" 

"I..." Chris takes a deep breath and slowly lifts the backpack to his shoulder. "Are you sure?"

"I'm positive, but if you do something or snap I will probably have to kill you." Jessica mumbles while looking away from him. "So please, don't snap." 

"I'll try my best." He laughs and, after deciding that he didn't care, pulls Jessica into a hug. She freezes for a few seconds before wrapping her arms around his neck, she was still shorter than him by a lot and something buzzed inside of her as she realized that. 

They both step away from one another with somber expressions. "Call me when you find a place and a girl, I want to show up in the background of the wedding like some creeper." 

Chris laughs again and shakes his head. "You'll get an invitation. There's no way my sister is missing something that big." 

"I'm going to hold you to that." She replies while placing her hand on his arm. Chris, thinking that she was pulling him in for another hug, steps forward but he disappears seconds before reaching her. Jess knew that their time was short and she didn't want Tony or Bruce to see her aiding him in his escape just yet. "Friday? How much is it going to take for you to delete the last ten minutes."

"Nothing, ma'am." Friday's voice replies. "It is saved on your phone, deleted from everywhere else." 

"Thank you." Jessica whispers before the elevator doors slide open for her, thanks to Friday, where she hadn't seen them at all. Slowly, Jessica walks across the floor and steps into the confined space. 

Friday brings her up to the main floor where everyone was in a frenzy, just as she had predicted. Katie and Jen were in the kitchen on their phones, most likely dialing her phone a bunch of times. Tony, Bruce, Steve, and Natasha walked across the hall (right in front of her) to the next while mumbling about how 'she couldn't have gotten far'. 

Clint hangs his head out of the vent above the couch and shouts for Wanda, saying that he found nothing on the other floors and that Jess wasn't in the vents. Slowly, he turns his head and sees her standing there, he makes some sort of inhuman noise and falls from the ceiling. 

Wanda puts her hands out and catches him before he could crash to the floor and releases a breath as she slowly brings him to the ground. Wanda turns towards Jessica with a surprised expression as if she hadn't expected the girl to walk out of the elevator. 

Katie and Jen stop their activities in the kitchen and stare at her as well, their eyes noticing how sad she looked. "Where were you?" Katie whispers. 

"I..." Jessica trails off and clears her throat as Natasha, Steve, Tony, and Bruce rounded the corner again. The group stops and stares at her too, as if forgetting that she was twenty-three now. "I was in my room, trying to take a break from all the fighting."

"Clint said you weren't." Wanda states while tipping her head towards the archer.

"I was in the bathroom too." Jess quickly lies. "Maybe he came at the wrong time." 

"I think I did hear something in there." Clint mumbles while tapping his chin. "I...maybe..." 

"Why? Did something happen?" She questions.

"No, the....Peter and his gang just started freaking out when they noticed that you were gone." Jen waves Jessica off. "Then Bruce started freaking out because he hadn't opened the door and thought the effects of the gun were catching up."

"Was there a pile of ash there or something?" Jessica attempts to joke, no one answers. She clears her throat again and scoffs her shoe against the floor. "I think I know what I'm going to do, now."

"About him asking you to go back with him?" Peter Parker inquires.

"He did what now?" Tony demands.

"Yeah." Jess nods. "Exactly that, Parker."