Chapter 3 - Lies

//VIRGIL//

     I get home to find my mom and her dick boyfriend drunk. They get up from their chairs and start yelling at me for being late home and about how I didn't do any of the chores. They told me how much of a mistake I am and threw a beer bottle at me.

They kick me and spit on me then leave to go fuck or something. I get up and do the chores so they dont hurt me more then go to my room and lock the door. I sit on my bed and just stare at the wall,

"I hate my life."

      About an hour later, I decide I need a break. I grab my bag and jump out the window, climbing down the house because I'm on the second story. I run and run for at least 5 blocks so that my parents cant see me. I start walking to the park in the middle of the city. Sitting down besides a tree, I take out my sketch book and start to draw a girl falling into a void of monsters. Until I get rudely interrupted by someone on the other side of the tree.

      "Ugh, I hate Virgil so much it's not fair, I just want to beat him up" I stand up and press myself against the tree and continue to listen.

"Well, I heard his friend, Patton, will be moving in a week or two." Tears start welling up in my eyes but I cant let them fall.

"Perfect, I will be able to beat Virge up very soon without him in my way." I hear them start to walk around the tree so I jump up into it quickly.

"Did you hear something Logan?"

" No, why,"

"I just. Nevermind it doesn't matter." I let a breath out I didn't know I was holding.

     Once they were out of site I jump of the tree to the nearest building and climbed it. I jumped across the building like it was nothing. I do this everyday, anyway its thrilling to know I could fall at any moment. I would probably die if I fell, I mean I'm like 4 stories from the ground.

I keep jumping until I reach my destination, Pattons apartment. I know which balcony is his, and it's not far from the roof so I just jump to it and knock on the glass. His parents aren't home around this time of day or else I would have gone to the door.

     Patton sees me and let's me in, "Hey V! Did you need something from friendly neighborhood father?" He says smiling and pointing at himself.

"Well I.... I just heard from someone that....you might be.....m-moving. I just wanted t-to know if they where r-right." I said more as a statement then a question.

"Oh," is all he says for a  minute looking down in what looks to be sadness.

//PATTON//

     "Oh," is all I can say. Who did he hear it from? How did they know? Why would they tell him? How upset is he gonna be?

"They're right... are you ok?"

     Before I could even reacts he runs to the balcony and climbs to the ceiling. I know I cant stop him, but I can look for him. I grab my jacket and run out the door to see if I could see which way he was going.

//VIRGIL//

      I couldn't believe he told LOGAN before he told me. I guess our friendship means nothing to him, why does everyone HATE me. I'm on the roof, on my knees, crying. Suddenly I get the urge to be destructive, I'm mad.

I start RUNNING across the buildings as fast as I can to the forest. Where mine and Pattons old tree house was. Neither of us had been there in decades, and I was gonna rip it to shreds.

Sorry this chapter was so short, and sorry it took so long to get out. I'm gonna try to get the next chapter out by the 15, hopefully earlier. Also I will change the title just not right now because I think its funny.

    See ya •¿•
                  °