Chapter 15 - Dont Worry

//ROMAN//

"O-okay?"

"Let's Go." I let Virgil lead me through streets and alleyways, but I was getting worried, he wanted me back. I need to just ignore it, anyways I'm helping him out. We are walking and I must have had a worried look in my face because...

" Hey Roman, you feeling alright. You look a little quizy?"

"Oh um, yeah, no, I'm fine I swear I just. Can we sit down for a moment?" I felt like I was going to throw up, and I new the next part would be worse.

"Yeah, sure. We don't have to go tonight, we can go back. I can take you another ti-" Virgil gets cut off by me yelling out in pain, a burning sensation started making it's way up my lower back.

"Wow, Roman. Should we go to the hospital? I'm scared, what should I do?" I can tell he is starting to have a panic attack, so I try to reassure him through the pain.

"N-no ugh I-Im fine, could y-you just t-ta-urg-take me h-home." He stands up and then helps me up best he can before we start walking to my house.

"Roman, are you sure you're fine?"

"Ye-yeah, I just need to sleep" we get back to my house and I basically make him leave and just pray he makes it to the tree house safe. Anywhere but here is probably safer for him.

"Well..well..well, who.....have we here" he asks, I already know what's coming but it always makes me uneasy. We have a deal, and he knows that, he just better not break it.

Suddenly, I faded into unconsciousness.

//VIRGIL//

I'm so worried and hurt and, and I don't even know. I'm currently walking back to the treehouse after Roman told me to leave. I'm really upset, but I also know he probably was just getting frustrated. Yeah, he will be fine, just fine.

I arrive 'home' safely, and I'm about to have an attack. I fall to the ground and start hearing voices. The shadows are moving, stareing at me, I can feel them looking right through my soul. I back into a corner and manage to grab my phone. I glanced up again and there are more of them, looking down at me in disappointed. My thumb hits the music app, but in fear of them getting closer I drop my phone.

Tears are streaming down my face and I can feel the pit in my stomach filling with dread. I put my hands over my ears and pray to every religion I know of that they would go away. Sadly, and expectedly, they dont, the realization crosses my mind that... I'm alone.

With a trembling body I bolt to my phone, the shadows scream at me to stop. Alas I'm able to get to my music playing, and thankfully seeing as the shadows were closing in on me.

"Open Letter" by Temporex comes on and I'm filled with relief as the lyrics swim in my head.

"Wish I didn't care as much as I did
I've been this way sense I was a little fucking kid
Pick'n sunflowers in a field with my friend Cid
He wasnt real but I use to wish he did exist..."

I listen to the rest of the song and get my breathing back in check. I continue to listen to music and slowly drift off into a mostly peaceful sleep.

//Roman??//

I know I had a deal with Roman, but I'm not one for keeping deals, and anyways I'm getting bored.

I head out of Romans house and start to walk to the treehouse. All I have to do is make him think Roman hates him, then...he will be mine again.

"AAAAAAH"

"I WONT LET YOU H-HURT HIM. WE HAD A DEAL"

"Hehehehehehehe you don't get it, DO YOU? You are under MY control now." I need to gain full control before he can take back over. And I know just the trick.

We take a quick detour and head to a shop, the whole way he is struggling to get control again, but he just isn't strong enough.

Once we arrive I grab some sleeping pills, knowing for sure that will knock him out. I take us to the bathroom and enter Romans mind palace. When I get there I find Roman and all his sides tied up.

I go over to Roman and force him to swallow some, I also give some to his strength, and insomnia. Strenth to make sure he can't escape, and insomnia so he doesn't wake poor Ro-Ro over there up.

I exit the mind palace and take control of his body once again. Then we make our way over to the tree house. I'm not 100% sure where it is, but I have a rough idea, and if I really need to I can force Romans Anxiety to tell me.

Even I was surprised to find out how WEAK Roman was. Really, he doesn't seem like such a freak, but everyone has weaknesses. Except me of course, Im truely perfect.

As we get nearer to the treehouse I just can't quite find it, I go back into the mind palace and begin.

"So, YOU know where the treehouse is, correct???"

"Y-y-yes-s??"

"Well, TELL ME"

"I-I-I c-cant." He starts crying like a baby and I role my eyes, is he fucking joking with me. I walk up to his chair and grab him by the scruff if his shirt.

"Tell me...NOW." he starts crying harder before studdering out the directions.

Once we get there I remember I have to keep the act up a little longer, I just have to be nice to him for a couple more days. Then crush his tiny PATHETIC heart.