7: The Big Bad Wolf

My feet carried me down the stairs faster than my brain could talk sense into me

My feet carried me down the stairs faster than my brain could talk sense into me. Dalton is alive! I saw him! Sure it was dark outside but the moonlight hit perfectly on his face. It was him. I am sure of it!

The grass tickled the bottom of my bare feet and the chill of the night nipped at my nearly bare body but I ignored it. He is in the forest! He's alive! My friend is alive!

I didn't hesitate when I reached the forest line, instead, parting the leaves and rushing in. Branches cracked under my weight and twigs stung my skin as they dug into my flesh. But once again, I ignored it.

"Dalton! Dalton!" I shouted into the open air but crickets and woodland animals are the only thing that answered me. I called his name again. Where had he gone?

My heart began to race at a remarkable speeds. The forest swirled around me as I twisted this way and that, looking for him. The undeniable feeling of someone watching me burned into my back like an arrow aiming at its target the further I entered the woods.

The crickets stopped chirping and the forest became eerily silent. The only noise hitting the air was my breathing for a stiff moment. That's when a large force tackled me to the ground.

My scream lodged in my throat and I pinched my eyes closed, afraid to look up. A stenchy wetness dripped onto my exposed chest and a hot air blew roughly into my face. There was a brief moment where there was no sound at all. That was until I willed my eyes to open.

A large silver wolf bared his large jowls at me, it's glowing off white eyes set on my face. Drool dripped from his fangs and onto my camisole, leaving me shaking with absolute terror. That's when the scream came.

Scream after scream ripped through my throat. Fear like I've never felt before gripped at my body in a hold that made me see complete darkness. I was dreaming. There was no way this was actually happening.

This creature was something that appeared in nightmares.

All the oxygen seemed to leave my body the more that I screamed until the darkness became infinite.

☽✧・゚: *✧☾

I woke up to the feeling of soft fur between my fingers. I flexed them more, the velvety material slinking under my touch as if it was awakening my senses.

The fur reminded me of the wolf that loomed over me in my dream. That horrible, terrible, nightmare of a dream. One brought on by too many legends and wolf heads hanging on walls. I hadn't really seen Dalton Andrews. It was all in my head.

I groaned and leaned up, not even bothering to open my eyes right away. My throat felt sore and my body ached from what felt like laying on a tree stump. I've never had a dream before where my body felt as bad as what the dream was.

When I opened my eyes, my heart began to race. Where was I? Furs lined the room as rugs, blankets, and curtains. The lighting was dimmed as if I was possibly underground. My eyes adjusted rather quickly and they narrowed in on a figure in the corner. My eyes connected with a man sitting in a leather chair.