nine

Taeyong has his earphones plugged in as he ran the streets. The music was blasting in his ears as he passed all the houses and scenery.

He doesn't run often, only when he wants to get something off his mind. Right now he is attempting to forget about what happened to him with Johnny.

Jaehyun can't find out.

Taeyong needs to learn to keep it to himself. He trusts Doyoung, Yuta and Sicheng will keep the secret. It's his decision as to whether he will tell his boyfriend or not.

And for now he doesn't want to reveal what happened.

His clothes feel disgusting, he is sweating beyond belief. It's been 2 hours since he started running and he hasn't stopped.

Exhaustion claws away at him but he fights it. It isn't until he reaches the psychologist clinic that he finally caved in and stops.

The older has lapped this place four times within the 120 minutes which he has been running.

He doubles over, placing his hands on his knees as he breathes heavily.

"Tae?" Ten calls his ex's name gently as he places a hand on the older's back.

Taeyong immediately stands, shrugging off the others touch. He doesn't want Johnny to see them, he doesn't want a repeat of what happened.

"What do you want?" He snaps, voice sounding harsher the. he intended as he pulls out his earphones.

Ten raises a brow in slight confusion, he doesn't seem to be hurt, instead he looks confused by Taeyong's words.

"I just organised my first appointment with Dr Jung," he gestures to the clinic before changing the subject.
"You seem stressed to be around me, more so then usual."

"It's nothing, I'm a bit off today" Taeyong avoids the statement.

"Has Johnny said something to you?" Ten questions, causing Taeyong's heart to stop for a second.

He couldn't possibly know what happened...Right?

"The bastard keeps threatening that he will hurt those I care about if I don't get back with him. I should've known he would speak to you. What did he say?"

Taeyong stumbles with his speech, memories of the incident are replayed in his mind as his gaze trails from Ten to the ground.

Ten steps forward, placing a comforting hand on Taeyong's shoulder, the older flinches, pushing him away again.

That's when it clicks for Ten. He was with Taeyong for 5 years, he knows him too well.

"What did he do?" He rephrases the question.

"I-I'm sorry, I should get back home" The older places his earphones in again. He goes to leave but Ten grabs his arm.

"Did he hurt you Tae? I'll kill him if he did" He exclaims.

"Please don't mention this to Jaehyun. He can't know" Taeyong begins to tremble.

Ten takes out the older's earphones, meeting his gaze.

"H-He—" Taeyong goes to confess what happened but stops as he sees the dreaded man walking over to them.

"What do we have here?" Johnny questions as he approaches the pair.

Taeyong takes a step back, trembling like crazy at this stage.

Ten steps in between the two, knowing something has happened. He doesn't know what but he knows it has really hurt Taeyong.

"Why are you here?" The younger asks with a sharp tone.

Johnny fakes a look of hurt as he places a hand over his heart.
"I'm just taking a casual stroll, it's a lovely day outside."

"I think you should take your lovely stroll elsewhere" Ten glares up at the taller man.

"Only if you would care to join me" He counter offers.

"In your dreams. Just leave Johnny. No one wants you to be here" Ten refuses to go with him. He wants to take Taeyong home, make sure that he gets back safely.

"Come on Taeyong, don't look so anxious" Johnny steps around Ten and squeezes Taeyong's shoulder.

Taeyong whimpers as he stumbles backwards.

Ten immediately pushes Johnny, catching him by surprise, causing him to take a step back.

"What did you do to him?!"

"I didn't do anything! Why do you always jump to conclusions?!" Johnny is getting irritated at this point.

"I was with him for a lot longer then you, I know when someone's happened to him. You've done something, I really it wasn't what I'm thinking" Ten scowls, bitterly.

Johnny doesn't respond to this, he just stares at the younger in annoyance.

"Did you touch him?" Ten mutters, hoping with all of his will that this isn't true.

The silence which follows is a dead giveaway.

"You filthy bastard" He yells as he steps forward, pushing Johnny backwards another step.
"Get away from me!"

"Ten I can explain" Johnny starts to speak but he is cut off as Ten pushes him again.

"Did you seriously think that would make me want to be with you again? You piece of shit."

Johnny goes to step forward, the younger is prepared as he backhands the man.

"Get the fuck away from me."

The older brings a hand to where he was hit, he looks at his ex in sorrow before finally walking away.

Ten turns back to Taeyong, a look of absolute despair across his features.

"Let's get you home."

Doyoung is surprised to see Ten standing beside Taeyong as his roommate arrives home again.

His harsh gaze is softened as he sees Taeyong's look of fear.

"What happened?" He is quick to walk to over the older and help him to be seated on the couch.

"Johnny is what happened" Ten speaks softly as he gently pulls Doyoung to the side.

"How long ago did it happen?" He questions, his voice low enough so Taeyong doesn't hear.

"Two days ago, how'd you know?" Doyoung is shocked that Ten knows. He would've been the last person which Taeyong would tell, at least that's what he thought.

"When does Jaehyun get back?" Ten ignores Doyoung's question.

"Tomorrow."

"I'm going to talk to Johnny, what he did isn't right. I'm so angry that it happened, Taeyong was so close to being healed from what I did to him."

Doyoung frowns as he sees the deep look of hurt and protection in Ten's eyes.

"Are you in the right state to do so? You came back for Jaehyun's hell didn't you?"

"My trauma is no where near as bad as what Johnny did. I can't just sit back and let him get away with it."

As much as Doyoung is angered by Ten's past actions, he can't help but feel a small bit of admiration for what he is doing for Taeyong.

The pair stop talking as they hear someone opening the door to the apartment.

They both turn to face the door in confusion, there are only three people who can open that door. Two of those are inside and the other is overseas.

The door swings open, Taeyong calls the person's name, his voice wavers.

"Jaehyun."

A/N - he's back early! will he find out about what happened?

thanks for reading!!