eighteen

Taeyong had his arms wrapped around his torso, he hugged himself as tight as possible. The air was cold and crisp as he walked towards the bridge.

He is currently leaning with his back on the railing. Previous memories playing through his mind as he makes sure he has made the right choice.

"I'm going to help you. Trust me Taeyong. I will heal you and you will eventually be yourself again."

Jaehyun had told him. Yet that was a lie. The younger was just trying to make him feel better.

He understands that now, more then anything, Jaehyun just wanted to keep him alive.

Why would the person who supposedly loves him want to keep him alive to live through constant torture? Surely you wouldn't do that to the person whom you love.

Jaehyun.

Taeyong loves him. He really does. That's why he is here right now. Not only will this help himself, but it will help his boyfriend.

"I fucking love you so much it hurts."

Another lie. If so then why did he stop Taeyong from ending it all in the tub earlier?

"I love you Taeyong and I really wish you wouldn't do this."

It's too late this time. Taeyong won't be giving in as easily as he did that day. He is stronger this time.

With a final glance to make sure there are no pedestrians around, he climbs over the railing, tightly gripping it and he moves to now be seated in it. His legs dangling over the edge.

The water will be cold. Hopefully death will take him quickly. He is wearing a thick coat which will certainly make it impossible for him to swim.

Even Doyoung had tried to fill his head with lies. The man hardly knows him. He's just Jaehyun's best friend.

"You speak of it as though it were that easy. As though it wouldn't affect anyone at all."

"Jaehyun would follow you if you killed yourself."

"He loves you."

It will be easy. That is what Taeyong keeps saying over and over again to assure himself of his choice.

Yuta will probably hurt the most. He has gone through so much to try and secure Taeyong's happiness. The pain will be short lived though.

Everyone always moves on quickly from people like him.

Take Ten for example. They were still together when he decided to move on. It didn't take long at all.

"Hey! What are you doing on the railing!" A stranger calls out from their car as they pull into a stop behind Taeyong.

The dark haired male just turns to glance at the person over his shoulder. He smiles sadly at them.

They call out once more just as he pushes himself from the railing.

Jaehyun and Yuta head to the cemetery. Yuta was convinced that Taeyong would go here first before doing anything to himself.

He'd have to right?

Arriving at the cemetery, both Yuta and Jaehyun's hearts sink as they realise the person they are looking for isn't there.

"Where he fuck is he?" Jaehyun yells as he pulls on his hair in frustration. "Taeyong where the fuck are you?!"

Yuta begins to tremble as he pulls his phone from his pocket. He goes to dial Taeyong's number but stops as he remembers his friend left the phone at the apartment.

The older drops the phone onto the ground and fails at holding back on his tears any longer. The doctor grabs the device and nudges the older.

"I know this is distressing but we need to find him. We can't stop here to cry. Not yet. He's still alive and you know it" He tries to sound encouraging.

Yuta takes several deep breaths and tries to think of where else Taeyong would go.

"The bridge" Jaehyun suddenly remarks. "He tried to cut his wrists in the bathtub which was over flowing with water. Yuta I know where he is."

Yuta can't help but feel hopeful as he runs out of the cemetery, the doctor hit on his heels.

Taeyong never hit the water.

Someone had grabbed his arm and was now holding him tightly, making sure he wouldn't fall.

Taeyong turns his head to look up at the person who holds him. He is surprised to say the least when he sees this person.

"Ten?" He mutters.

His ex is indeed leaning over the railing, holding him firmly. He is keeping him alive.

"What the hell Tae?!" The younger screams. He is visibly trembling, struggling to hold Taeyong.

The railing reaches Ten's waist which doesn't give him much room to lean over it.

"I was on my way to a cafe and then I see you jumping of a bridge. What the hell?!"

Taeyong doesn't know what to say. He can tell Ten will grow too weak to hold onto him and quickly at that.

Ten's grip is getting moist from his sweat. Taeyong just smiles as he feels his hand slowly falling out of his grasp.

"Taeyong!"

His voice.

The older looks up once more to see Jaehyun leaning over the railing beside Ten. Yuta is beside him.

Seeing the doctor causes the older to feel a sudden need to stay alive. But it's too late. His hand slips from Ten's grasp. The older panics as he starts to fall.

Yet once more, he is stopped as someone grabs his arm. This time it isn't Ten but it's Jaehyun. The doctor yells out in pain as he tries to lift his boyfriend up.

"Someone needs to go onto the other side and help push him up" Yuta mutters softly.

"I'll do it" Ten answers quickly.

His small frame easily climbs over the rail. He holds on tightly with one hand as he leans with the other to help raise Taeyong.

Jaehyun manages to pull the older up enough that Taeyong can grasp the railing and place his feet at the bottom. As he does this, Ten slips.

The younger makes eye contact with Taeyong as his hand slips from the railing.

"TEN!" Taeyong shrieks as the younger falls into the water.

Jaehyun managed to pull him over the railing and the pair fall onto the ground. Before the doctor has a chance to hold him, the older rushes back to look over the railing.

He clasps a hand over his mouth in pure horror as Ten doesn't resurface.

Ten is gone.

Taeyong didn't die.

Ten did.

A/N - big thanks to the three people who helped me to find quotes to use in this chapter. y'all know who you are and i love you

thanks for reading!!