sixteen

"Fuck" Jaehyun curses as he pushes all the items on his desk, onto the floor. He pulls his hands through his hair, gritting his teeth in frustration.

Taeyong looked so broken as he left his office. And he was the reason why.

He assures himself that what he did was the right thing. Yet a part of him says otherwise.

"Hey, I think something happened to Taeyong. I bumped into him on my way in" Doyoung states as he walks into the office.

He pauses when he sees his friends eyes slowly welling up with tears. "Jae?"

"He's upset because of me. He wanted me to help and all I did was push him away" Jaehyun moves to take a seat but is stopped as his friend grabs his arm.

Doyoung just wraps his arms around the younger, holding onto him as he cries softly.

"Tell me everything."

Taeyong hugged his torso tightly as he walked down the street. He didn't know where to go.

He couldn't go to the apartment, he wasn't ready to just yet. It smells like Jaehyun there.

He has managed to make the younger angry with him. His little destructive self has literally turned the love of his life against him.

Why is he such a mess?

Currently he is a tornado and he continues to only cause harm wherever he goes.

The one person who was meant to support him and be there for him has now left. He has no one.

He could go to Yuta, but he's working. Besides, Yuta shouldn't have to worry about him. He has his own boyfriend to be concerned about.

Taeyong is just a burden.

Jaehyun probably feels relieved without Taeyong being there.

He's probably happy now.

Maybe Taeyong should let Jaehyun break up with him. If that's what will keep the younger happy.

That's when a lightbulb switches on within the older's head. If he disappears then surely Jaehyun will be over the moon.

Yes. This sounds like a great plan.

Doyoung managed to calm Jaehyun enough for the pair to take a seat on the couch which is there for patients.

The doctor has stopped crying but there is still no light in his gaze. He looks broken as he keeps his gaze on the floor, not wanting to meet his friend's steady gaze.

"I'm not defending Taeyong" Doyoung speaks up, breaking the short lived silence. "He was distraught after what happened to him. I'd never seen him like that before."

"I know what he was—" Jaehyun begins but is shushed.

"Hear me out" Doyoung states firmly. "As soon as I mentioned calling you, his fear grew. He was horrified that you wouldn't want to be with someone who was so dirty. He had convinced himself that you would leave him."

"Why the hell would I do that? It isn't his fault, what happened to him was a disaster and it's awful. Why the hell would I leave him?" Jaehyun exclaims.

The older sighs before muttering the next phrase.
"You say this yet you just left him. You let him leave by himself. What you've done is put a break on the relationship which is always the first step before breaking up."

The doctor shuffles in his seat to meet Doyoung's gaze. The older's words are beginning to connect the dots in his mind.

"I don't want to make you feel worse then what you already do. I know you're hurt, I understand that he hurt you. But as a psychologist yourself, you should know better then anyone else that he isn't emotionally stable. The last thing he needs is to feel like a burden."

Shit.

Jaehyun immediately pulls himself from the couch and rushes out of the office without mentioning another word to his friend.

Just as he gets out of the elevator on the ground floor, he bumps into someone. They curse as they drop several files.

"Sorry" Jaehyun mutters as he crouched to help the person pick up their things.

"Why are you in such a hurry?" Yuta queries as he takes the papers from the younger.

The doctor doesn't know what to say as he slowly stands up once more. Yuta holds eye contact as he slips the files under his arm.

"I have to go somewhere...Important" Jaehyun doesn't want to bring up what happened. No doubt it'll concern Yuta.

"Okay, while you do that, I need to give these to Taeyong" The older smiles tightly and goes to sidestep the doctor but is stopped when the doctor steps into his path again.

"Tae isn't in at the moment. He went out on a short break" Jaehyun does his best to sound convincing.

Yuta isn't falling for it.

"He broke down didn't he, you guys had a fight."

Jaehyun can't help but be surprised at how quickly the other picked up on everything that had happened.

"Can you please just allow me to go after him. He's in danger and I need to be there to stop him" The doctor pleads.

"Stop him from what?" Yuta doesn't grasp onto this part.

"From doing anything stupid" Is all Jaehyun says in response.

Yuta steps aside, he trusts the doctor knows what he is doing. Besides, there isn't much he could do for his friend in this situation.

Taeyong leans against the sink and just stares at his reflection in the mirror. He has been home for 10 minutes.

The whole time he has been going through his plan in his head, over and over again. Yes he will make a mess but it has to be done.

Something like this can't be done anywhere else. At least all Jaehyun will have to do is drain the bath.

Taeyong slowly turns his head to look at the bathtub which is nearly overflowing. He grabs the razor from the counter using a trembling hand.

Shrugging off his jacket, he moves to get into the water, not bothering to remove the rest of his clothes.

He leans back so his back is comfortably leaning against the back of the tub. The steaming water soothes his skin and his mind.

Taking several deep breaths, he raises his left arm out of the water. A straight line, that's all it will take. One on the left and one on the right.

He has envisioned this time and time again in his head. It'll work.

It has to.

He gently presses the blade to his wrist. But he hesitates.

He is so caught up in his mind that he doesn't hear the door opening. As he goes to press down, someone knocks the blade from his grasp.

He looks in time to see Jaehyun pulling him out of the bathtub. The younger turns off the taps and cradles the older on the floor beside the tub.

"I'm so sorry" Jaehyun cries as he holds onto Taeyong as though his life depended on it.

"I was going to make you happy. Why did you stop me? Why?!" Taeyong yells, weakly.

He thrashes against Jaehyun's grip for a few moments but soon stops as he realises the warmth of the younger's embrace is what he has been craving.

"Jae" The older cries as he turns to bury his head into the younger chest.

A/N - simon says is the greatest and i'm so happy about yuta's lines and i just love it so so so so so so much

thanks for reading!!