nineteen

Ten stood with his eyes closed as he allowed for the rain to cover him. Repeatedly, each drop of water seemed to be colder then the ones prior.

The water was covering his glasses, meaning he couldn't see even if he did open his eyes. It was kind of nice, just standing in the rain.

Not even trying to get out of it.

Where would he go anyways?

Home? He doesn't have one. Not anymore at least. He lost his home the day he invited Johnny over to the apartment.

"Ten!" He hears the love of his life calling his name. A smile forms on his lips. This is a nice dream. Taeyong is coming.

"Ten! What are you doing?!" Taeyong yells as he runs over to his ex.

"I'm standing in the rain, Tae. You should join me. It's so peaceful" The younger opens his eyes, taking his glasses off to throw them to the side.

Any other time, he wouldn't have been able to see without them.
Yet this time was different.

"Come inside, you'll get sick" Taeyong goes to take his arm but Ten steps away from him.

"I'm afraid I can't." He frowns suddenly as he sees his ex going into denial. "I'm not going with you Tae."

"What do you mean? Ten I've forgiven you. You have proved yourself to me over and over. Please just come home" Taeyong pleads.

"I can't. My time is over. Please rest easy knowing I'm much happier out here. It's so peaceful and beautiful" Ten does a spin on the spot, extending his arms to increase his surface area.

"I'm not leaving without you" The older steps forwards and succeeds in grabbing the younger's wrist. Ten uses this opportunity to hold the older in his embrace.

There is a moment of silence between the two. The only sound to be heard is the rain falling and the sound of their breaths.

"I love you Taeyong. I'm so sorry for all I ever did to you. You deserve to be beyond happy. That's why I must leave you" Ten's voice begins to waver.

"No you can't leave me. I need you by my side—" Taeyong begins to panic but pauses as Ten shushes him.

"You need to wake up."

Taeyong looks at him in confusion. This can't be a dream. There can't be a reality where there's no Ten.

"No, I'm not letting you go."

Ten smiles sadly as he crouches to pick up his glasses once more. He studies the object with a fond look in his eyes.

"Be happy Tae, that's all I ever wanted."

This is the last thing Taeyong hears before everything turns to darkness, taking Ten away from him.

Taeyong wakes up screaming Ten's name. Jaehyun hovers over him as he gently releases his grip on the older's shoulders.

The older woke him up with his screaming a few moments prior. As soon as Taeyong has opened his eyes, the doctor moves them both into a seated position.

"Jae, he's gone. Ten's really gone" The older looks up at boyfriend, eyes filled with many emotions, all revolves around heartbreak.

Jaehyun swiftly pulls the older into his arms and holds onto him tightly. He till hasn't gotten over how he nearly lost him yesterday.

That was way to close to disaster.

His boyfriend is distraught over the death of his ex and it pains Jaehyun to see him like this.

"You're going to be okay" The doctor attempts to assure him yet he knows the older is too upset to listen.

"I killed him Jae. Just my father, just like Lisa. I killed them all. Ten was just trying to save me and now he's gone" Taeyong cries.

"You didn't kill anyone. We have been over this. You are far from a murderer, Tae. Far, far from it."

The older pulls away from him and meets his gaze.

"The rain" He states, causing the pair to both quieten, saying no further words. The sound of the rain falling outside can easily be heard.

"Ten, he's going to get sick" Taeyong exclaims. He kicks off the blankets and rushes to get off the bed.

"Taeyong!" Jaehyun calls out as he chases his boyfriend. The older rushes out of the apartment and manages to beat his boyfriend outside.

Jaehyun catches up to him just as he rushes out into the middle of the road. The first car beeps it's horn as it swerves around him.

Taeyong doesn't seem to realise that he is in the middle of oncoming traffic. It's as though he were in a trance as he gazed up at the sky.

"What are you doing?!" Jaehyun yells out.

"He wasn't meant to die, Jae. I was, I was meant to go. I can't be happy anymore. No matter how hard I try. I just can't." The older tears continue to stream down his face as they mix with the rain.

The doctor moves to pull his boyfriend off the road but finds himself stopping. He is a psychologist. He is meant to save people from their broken minds.

He vowed to save Taeyong from his own, yet he failed.

Taeyong's too far gone.

There is a time to let go.

And as much as it hurts, as much as he will suffer, he knows hat that time is now.

Taeyong turns to look at the doctor for the final time. A look of admiration and  love. A look of sadness and heartbreak.

"I love you so fucking much, Jung Jaehyun. You are going to find someone to treasure you like I did. You will find someone who won't need saving. You will be happy without me."

Jaehyun opens his mouth to speak but is interrupted as Taeyong steps in front of an oncoming police car.

The doctor brings a hand to cover his mouth as he watches the older fly for a brief moment before coming to a crashing halt on the road. His body now limp.

The doctor runs over to the older, trembling violently as he sees the blood which is quickly pooling around him.

"I'm so sorry" He apologises over and over.

He's sorry for letting him die.

He's sorry for making the older feel as though he could never be happy.

He's sorry for not being there to protect Taeyong when Johnny assaulted him.

He's sorry for not having expressed his love enough.

He's sorry for being blind to his lover's pain.

But most of all...

He's sorry for failing him.

A/N - next chapter will be the epilogue to the series.

as much as y'all probably hate me for killing taeyong it just seemed to fit so well. there was no bringing him back from how far he'd fallen.

also for my next story do you guys want more jaeyong? or do you want yuwin? or do you want luwoo? or markhyuck? those are your options as those are the ships which will work with my idea.

thanks for reading!!