fourteen

"Lets go get a coffee" Yuta suggests as he leans against Taeyong's desk. The older turns his head to gaze at the doctor's office.

"I have to help with Jae's appointments" He tries to come up with a legitimate excuse.

"We are going to get a coffee, there is still 45 minutes until his appointment with Ten will finish" Yuta argues.

Taeyong gazed at his friend in shock. He doesn't understand how he knows that Ten is in the office currently.

"I saw him enter the building so I looked at his records to see the time of his scheduled appointment" The younger speaks confidently.

"I never knew you were one to be a stalker" Taeyong remarks as he begins to put his computer to sleep.

"Ten caused you the most heartbreak you have ever experienced. Of course I was concerned when I saw him enter. I wanted to take you away while he is here. Also I want to talk to you, a lot has happened recently."

Taeyong doesn't respond as he slips into his jacket, getting out of his chair.

Yuta smiles happily as the pair walk to the elevators. "I've been craving a good americano all morning."

Taeyong goes to respond but is cut off as the elevator doors open. There is someone already in the closed space.

Yet it isn't a stranger nor is it a fellow worker at the clinic. This person causes Taeyong to tremble instantly. Yuta grabs his friends arms to support him, keeping him upright.

"I wanted to talk to you" Johnny holds his hands up in surrender as he steps out of the elevator.

Taeyong breathes deeply as he takes several steps away from the older. Johnny keeps his hands held up high as he speaks.

"I'm so sorry Taeyong. I've been losing my mind recently and I really shouldn't have done what I did. I made a mistake and now you have to suffer from it. I'm so sorry."

"Why should I believe you? You're a monster" Taeyong cries out. Yuta tightens his grip on his friend, keeping him stable.

"Johnny I think it would be best for you to go" The Japanese speaks with a lethal calm to his tone. As much as he wants to tear the older to shreds, he doesn't want to work up Taeyong anymore.

"I'm moving to America. You won't see me again. I just wanted to say this before I left" Johnny keeps his head low.

Taeyong hears the door to Jaehyun's office opening. Instantly he looks at Johnny with a pleasing gaze. The older sees and rushes to take the stairs out of the building.

Jaehyun curses as he goes to chase the man. Taeyong manages to pull himself away from Yuta as he grabs onto his boyfriend's arm, stopping him.

"Don't. Please, just let him go" The older begs quietly, his voice is weak. He is holding back tears.

Jaehyun curses once more as he pulls the older into his embrace. "I'll send Ten home and we can go home as well."

Taeyong is quick to disagree with this as he pulls away from the doctor. "Ten needs you. He has paid for this time Jae, I'm fine. Yuta and I are going out. I'll be back within 30 minutes okay?"

The doctor glances at Yuta who gives him an assuring gaze in return. If the two hadn't been so close, Jaehyun wouldn't allow for them to leave. But this could be good for Tae.

That's all he cares about.

What's good for Taeyong.

What's good for him doesn't matter. It doesn't even come close.

Giving in, the younger gently presses his lips to Taeyong's. The older kisses him back but only briefly before he places a hand on the younger's chest, pushing him away.

He smiles tightly and gets into the elevator alongside Yuta.

Jaehyun just watches as the doors close, elevator heading towards the ground floor.

Once they have ordered their drinks, Yuta and Taeyong move to take their seats towards the rear of the cafe.

"What do you want to talk about?" The older asks, the first to break the short silence between them.

"You" Yuta states firmly.

Taeyong can't help but frown at this. He doesn't feel like breaking down in a public space.

"You aren't doing well. I'd almost go as far to say that you are back to where you started when you broke up with Ten."

"What do you want me to say?" The older questions. "Do you want me to apologise for being assaulted? Do you want me to say I'm sorry for being so weak?"

"Nothing like that Tae, that's not what I mean and you know it" The younger snaps, slightly harsh.

"Seeing you deteriorate so quickly again breaks my heart. It hurts so much to see you in this kind of state. I've told you before but I love you so much and it kills me to see you in this much pain. At least in the past I was able to be your sober friend and look out for you when you drank too much. You were seeing one of the best psychologists so you were actually getting help. It made me so happy to see you slowly being put back together."

Yuta takes a shaky breath as his eyes begin to water.

"Yet now we are both in relationships and not much time is spared for us to see each other. I wake up in the middle of the night worrying about you. Do you have any idea how awful it was to find you in the streets the other night? Now you've gone back into a state where you've shut everyone out. You won't talk to Jaehyun. You won't talk to me. It really concerns me Tae."

The older lowers his gaze to the table. A waitress comes over and delivered their drinks. She notices the conversation is tense so she leaves as quick as possible.

"Taeyong, my biggest fear is that you will start to hurt yourself. Heck, I'm scared you'll try to kill yourself again."

Taeyong feels ashamed as he hears this. No one wants to cause those who are close to him so much pain. Yet look what's he's doing to Yuta.

"What do you want me to say?" The older repeats quietly.

"I want you to see Jaehyun as though he were your psychologist and not your boyfriend. Yes it's different now, but he really helped you last time when I couldn't. He's the only one who can help you right now, Tae."

Yuta takes a long sip of his drink before leaning across the table to softly grab his friends hand.

"Please do this. Do it for me if you don't want to do it yourself."

Taeyong just nods, not sure how to respond verbally without falling apart.

A/N - dont you just love it when the expressi depressi train comes and hits you out of nowhere? yeah i love it....

thanks for reading!!