14

I gasp awake, my eyes shooting open. Sitting up I look at my surroundings. I'm not in Mustangs room.

"Woah, woah Casey you're okay" Sweet Pea yells, grabbing hold of me so I look at him.

"How did I get here?" I ask confused, "You, you answered my call"

"Yeah, I got your call Case. I'm so sorry I left you at the Wyrm alone"

"Don't, Sweets. It's my fault. I just wanted to prove to everyone that I was fine, that a Ghoulie wasn't going to break me" I explain ashamed, "But I'm not fine and I let someone use me again, because I'm a stupid idiot"

"Stop! You didn't let him use you, he drugged you Casey! They both did, none of this is your fault. I'm going to kill Mustang, I swear-"

"Sweets don't, you'll get yourself kicked out of the Serpents actually worse in jail" I sigh.

"When I saw you in that room Casey, and in the hospital. I have never been so mad in my life. Mad that someone could, hurt you so badly. I wanted there blood, if FP hadn't shown up when I was beating Malachai, I would have killed him"

"Why? Why would you risk your life, for me Sweets? I'm not worth you going to jail! Or being killed-"

"Don't you get it? You are worth it Casey! You mean, everything to me" he declares, "If I ever lost you, I'd rather die then live in a world without you in it"

I look to him shocked, now I notice how close our bodies are again.

"No one, has ever said that about me. No one has ever cared, so much, let alone tell me that they cared" I respond quickly, shocked, "And the thing is. I feel the exact same about you"

"You do?"

"Yes. I rather not care about people, because I don't want them to leave or get hurt. But, I can't help but care about you. I care about you with every bone and inch of my body, my whole heart. Whenever I'm in danger, I want you. Whenever I'm happy, I want you. I want you, all the time, because you make me happy" I admit.

Then, our closeness becomes even closer. Sweet Pea leans forward, putting his hands on my cheeks, he pulls me to him and our lips touch. He kisses me softly, until I kiss back and it becomes more intense. However there is a knock at the door that breaks us up. We both quickly jump back.

"I'll get that" he states, rushing up off the bed and to the door.

I sigh frustrated, kicking myself for kissing Sweet Pea. He is my best friend! What was I thinking? I quickly get dressed into one of Sweet Peas big t-shirts and a pair of pyjama shorts, then walk out into the kitchen, seeing Toni and Fangs. I lean against the fridge and force a smile, unable to look at Sweet Pea, Who for once isn't looking at me, but looking down at the floor. Surprisingly, not Toni, but Fangs walks over to me and wraps his arms around me. I hug him back.

"I'm okay Fangs, Toni, really. Think I'm just going to have a couple home days" I admit.

"Alright well then we will hang with you" Toni smiles, "I could use a break from school anyways"

"Toni Topaz, a break from school?" I tease.

"Me and Fangs will go get some food from Pops to bring back" Sweet says quickly, walking out of the van fast.

Toni looks to me suspiciously, clearly sensing the weirdness between me and Sweets.

"Fangs, don't let him go to Mustang, please. Don't do anything stupid that will get you both into trouble" I plead.

"I'll watch him Case, don't worry" he nods, patting my shoulder and leaving the trailer.

I look to Toni and sigh, rubbing my eyes tiredly.

"Toni, I've messed up. Big time" I state worried.

"What?" she asks.

"Sweet Pea kisses me, and I kissed him back"

Toni's eyes widen and her mouth drops open shocked.

"No way! Wait, why is that wrong?" she questions confused.

"Because we are best friends! That's it, nothing more now this may have ruined that" I explain, "I can't stay here tonight. I'll go and stay with Jug"

"Don't, you can't just leave without you guys talking about this" she argues.

"We just have to forget it never happened"

"How'd you feel when he kissed you?" Toni responds fast.

"What?"

"How'd it feel Casey, just answer the question"

"Safe. It felt like nothing bad could happen, and in that moment everything was great. There was no sadness or anger, just, him and I" I confess, replaying the kiss in my head.

"Exactly Casey! It wasn't a mistake" she declares.

"It was a mistake and it won't happen again. I'm not going to ruin our friendship, it's too important for me"

"Who said this would ruin it? What if it makes it better? Stronger"

"It's not going to. I won't take the risk. Let's just go watch some TV okay, I don't wanna talk about this anymore" I state, walking past her and sitting on the couch.

Only half an hour later, Sweet Pea and Fangs return back to the trailer. We all sit on the couch, me on one end, Sweet Pea in the other, Toni and Fangs between us. Once we've finished eating, I stand up.

"Jughead, asked if I wanted to go and hang out with him today. So, I'm going to get dressed and then go. Thanks for coming guys" I state, before walking to my room and changing.

When I walk back out, I look to Sweet Pea. We share a look, of confusion and worry. I nod, then leave the trailer, walking down to Jughead Jones'. My old home. I knock on the door and it opens to reveal Jug.

"Hey" I smile.

"Hey. What's up?"

"Was just wondering if you wanted to hang out?"

"Yeah, definitely" he grins, stepping aside for me to walk into the house.