24

"So, yesterday Tall Boy told me he wants to join with the Ghoulies-"

"What?" I hiss.

Jughead, myself, Sweet Pea, Toni and Fangs all stand in FP's old office.

"He said that the heat on the Serpents and our ranks had depleted, so us two gangs needed to unite. Stronger with larger numbers against the Northside" he explains.

"Tall Boy is a right fucking idiot then" I continue maddened.

"The Ghoulies' drugs just got us all arrested" Fangs adds, scoffing unimpressed that us joining the Ghoulies is even talking about.

"I know that! I know that's what I said. So, I visited my Dad with Archie and we came up with a plan. We are challenging them to a street race. If we win, we go on normal and the Ghoulies have to stop dealing at Southside High. If they win, they get to keep dealing-"

"They would never agree to that" Sweets interjects.

"No, but then I added my own input. Told him if they win, they get to keep dealing, get the Wyrm and he wanted a meeting with Casey about stopping fights at school, considering she starts a lot. So I said he could, I mean I don't know why that was so important to him-"

"You what?" I gasp, then storm towards Jughead, Sweet Pea quickly grabs my arm though.

Sweets would like to punch Jughead right now as well. But he knows if I hit him in the what of this moment, I'd never forgive myself.

"Why the hell would you agree to that Jug?" I continue.

"What's wrong? I don't get it it's just a meeting"

"Exactly! You don't get it! You are not a street racer Jughead, Malachai is! Why would you drag my name into it?" I shout furious.

"Why are you so mad? I am just trying to save the Serpents! If you don't like the guy that's your own problem-"

"That guy, raped, beat and stabbed me!" I yell.

Everyone goes silent, as do I. I take a deep breath, calming down and stepping back. Toni, Fangs and Sweet Pea are all looking to me upset, worried. Jughead shocked and guilty. I quickly pull my hand from Sweet Peas grasp and rush out of the office, out the Wyrm.

"Case! Wait!"

I stop before getting on my bike, turning around to be faced with Sweet Pea in front of me.

"He can't loose the race Sweets, he can't" I explain.

"I know, he won't loose and if he does, Malachai isn't going near you, I promise you that" he assures me, grabbing hold of my hands.

"You can't promise it! He'll be able to find me Sweets, anywhere and everywhere. I know he will-"

"Then we will pack our stuff up together and leave this stupid town together. Well run as far away from Malachai and all the fuck head's in Riverdale" he declares.

I look to him smiling, squeezing his hands tightly.

"You'd, you'd actually do that for me? Just pack up and leave?" I question surprised.

"Casey, don't you know by now? I'd do anything for you. Anything" he states. "I love you Case"

"I love you too Sweet Pea" I smile.

I put my hands on his soft cheeks, then go up on my tippy toes and kiss his lips. Someone clears there throat behind us and I turn to see Jughead.

"Casey, I'm so sorry. I didn't know, if I knew I never would have agreed to making a deal! I never would have-"

"I know Jug" I stop, walking over to him, "I know. You don't have to apologise, I do, for yelling at you"

"No! No apology necessary" he assures.

"Just, promise you'll drive fast yeah?" I grin, trying to lighten the mood.

"Definitely" he chuckles and Sweet Pea laughs behind me.

I smile, then wrap my arms around him and hug Jughead Jones; the boy who's been my brother since I was six years old.

"So how was your Dad anyway?" I ask.

"Alright, as good as someone can be in prison ya know?" he scoffs.

"Yeah, actually I do"

Jughead looks to be worried and I laugh.

"Don't worry Jug, it was just a fun joke" I chuckle, "I'll see you tomorrow then okay?"

"See you then" he smiles, walking back into the Wyrm.

I go over to Sweet Pea, looking up into his eyes.

"Wanna go back to the trailer?" I ask.

"Well, here we've got pool, what we got at the trailer?" he notes.

"Well, I have that little black, lingerie set I could put on" I smirk, "But you're right, the Wyrm has pool-"

"Nah, were going home" he grins, picking me up fast and putting me on my bike.

I laugh, nevertheless starting my bike and riding back home with Sweet Pea. When we get home, the both of us going straight to the bedroom. And having quite a, physical, night.

I wake up, once again laying comfortable, safely in Sweet Peas arms. Our legs entangled under the sheets. My fingers drawing circles on his stomach.

"Promise me no fighting with Malachai today, if he tries anything, or says anything. You have to ignore him. I can't loose you Sweets. He drove you off a road, I can't let you get hurt" I plead, "So Please no fighting. I'm already scared enough just to see him then to see you fighting him. No fighting for me-"

"Hey, I promise. I promise don't worry about it because I won't fight him. What I do promise, is that I'll be right beside you the whole time" he assures.

I stop drawing circles on his skin. I freeze, looking into nowhere.

"I remember it like it was yesterday. The way he grabbed me, touched me, beat me. When he twisted the knife in my stomach and threw me into the rain. I remember how scared I was, how, I made a huge mistake and how, I didn't get to say goodbye to you" I recall.

My voice quiet as if I'm afraid someone else will hear. I sit up, wrapping my half of the sheet around my body, looking to Sweet Pea sadly.

"I just thought, I didn't want to die like this. I didn't want you to see me die like that. I didn't want to die, because I loved you and never said it" I declare, "You're the last person I thought of before I passed out, and the one I woke up to see. I love you Sweet Pea, more than anything in the world"

"I love you too Casey" he gasps, sitting up and pulling me to his lips.

They're soft and his touch gives me so much comfort.

"Thank you, for being so strong. Because I don't know what I would have done without you either" he admits.

"I wasn't strong, I was just stubborn" I scoff.

"No, you were strong Casey, you were damn strong. You are strong, you'll get through today"

"Thank you" I sigh, kissing him once more.