35

Sweet Pea and I walk into the Wyrm and it erupts into cheers. I can't help but laugh and smile in happiness as every Serpent congratulates the two of us as we walk on through. I didn't think the constant cheers would stop until FP gets into the stage and taps the microphone for everyone's attention. I stand in front of Sweet Pea, his arms around my waist. Our friends, Toni, Fangs and Jughead all beside us.

"Alright, before we start this party, I'd like to say a few words to two of the most loyal Serpents we've got. Sweet Pea and Casey, you two are bloody unreal" he declares, "And you've made something so special. Do not be ashamed or ever forget it. I want you to know, that no matter what ever comes your way, you've got a home with us. You are safe, and strong and loved by your family. You kids are never alone. Cause you're Serpents"

Everyone howls and claps at their leaders' speech.

"Now turn the music on and let's have a good night!" he cheers.

I smile, clapping my hands together turning around and kissing Sweet Pea. Then, I freeze and turn to Toni and Fangs, as our song plays. The four of us have raged out and danced to this song since we were little kids; Mr Brightside. I grin.

"What are you four doing right now?" Jughead asks confused with a chuckle.

"Oh Jones, you're in for a show" I laugh, grabbing Toni's hand and pulling her into the dance floor.

Fangs and Sweets follow us and as the song gets louder, we jump higher. We dance and sway, Sweet Pea spinning me, Fangs and I jumping, Toni and I shimming. It was perfect. We were kids, and everything was amazing like it has been for longer than it ever has. We shout the lyrics so loud we are surely going to loose our voices. I notice Jug standing and watching, not sadly, but with a huge grin on his face. I rush over to him, grab his hand and pull him to us. At first he hesitates, but then gets just as wild as we are.

After the song, we played a couple games of pool. During one, I feel someone tap my shoulder and then turn behind me to see FP.

"Follow me kid" he states.

I nod, patting Sweets' back before following FP upstairs and into his office. He goes to behind his desk and pulls out something out of his drawer.

"I got this for you, well for the baby"

He walks over and holds up a tiny, baby leather jacket. With our Serpent symbol on the back, like an exact match of mine just made for a baby. I smile and hold it in my hands then look up to FP.

"Thank you, this, this is amazing" I gasp, at a loss for words of FP's kind gesture.

"You have got the crap end of the stick for a lot of your life Casey, but this, this is your time. It's going to be great, I'm so happy for you and for Sweet Pea" he smiles.

"This kid has the best grandpa in the world" I grin, then throw my arms around FP and hold him tightly, "Thank you, so much"

"Anytime, anything kid. I love you Casey"

"I love you too"

The next day, Sweets, Jug, Betty, Lodge, Fangs, Toni and I are all sitting in the student common room.

"Hey Casey, I was wondering if you'd like to come to Pops with Jughead and I for dinner sometime?" Betty asks, "It's just Jug has told me all these stories from when you two were kids and, I'd love to get to know you better. So, will you come?"

When I see Jughead's worried face, I can tell he cares a lot about this. And I know for a fact he is completely in love with Betty and that she has put so much confidence into him, and so much more.

"Sure" I smile.

"Great" she claps happily and then grabs hold of Jughead's hand.

When suddenly from the other side of the room, Reggie decides to chime his annoying voice.

"I heard you guys had a party at the Wyrm last night"

No one responds, ignoring the Northsider. Well, no one from the Southside responds.

"And why do you care Reggie? Cry that you didn't get invited?" Lodge teases.

"Cause, I heard that whore was knocked up and having a fucking snake baby at sixteen" he chuckles, "Hope your baby isn't a total fuck up like you"

"Shut your mouth you piece of shit" I hiss, standing up and storming towards him furious.

"Ooo, pregnancy got you all rage huh? So you sure it's your boys kid over here? I heard you like to fuck around a lot, including your teacher who turned out to be a drug dealer. You fuck him at home? Or just on his desk?"

I am about to punch him, but Sweet Pea beats me to it. Before Reggie can hit back, Archie grabs him, Lodge helping whilst Toni holds me back, Jug keeping Fangs and Sweets in check.

"That's enough Reggie! God man what the hell? Stop being such as ass" Archie shouts.

"I'm just telling the truth, ain't that right Casey?" he grins.

"Come over here and I'll knock that stupid fucking grin off your face Northside" I threaten, lunging forward only for Betty to come and help Toni in holding me back.

"Okay stop! Casey lets go" Jug sighs.

"Are you serious Jones?" Sweet Pea yells.

"Let's go Sweets! Now, come on" Toni agrees.

I scoff, turning away and storming out of the room madly. When we get outside, I look to Sweet Pea.

"How'd he even know about Phillips?" I sigh upset, "No one knew about, no one knows about that"

"I don't know Case, I'm sorry. Come here" he consoles, pulling me into his arms and stroking my hair.

"Reggie was way out of line. Don't worry I'll make sure he doesn't do that again" Jug declares strongly, I can see he feels guilty.

"Jug it wasn't your fault. Reggie is the only asshole in this equation. Look, I'm not feeling too well today anyways. Sweets you wanna take me home?" I suggest.

"Yeah of course, come on. See you guys later" Sweets says, then wraps his arms around my shoulders as we leave the school.