Part Twenty

Michaela’s POV

“What’s going on?” Jay asks clearly shocked by what he’s seeing. I let go of Michelle and step away from her, scared that he’s going to freak out again about me being a killer.

“They were going to kill us both Jay.” I say hoping that he’ll understand why I was going to do it. Laura’s lying Veronica down gently onto the floor and comes to stand besides me. As Max runs towards Veronica as she starts to wake up.

“You didn’t have to do this to her did you?” He says angrily towards Laura, as he supports the girls head. “You’re going to be okay now.” He tells her gently.

“Max don’t get angry with Laura, that was me; she tried to stop me.” I say, my eyes never leaving Jay’s face, but instantly wishing they had. He’s disappointed in me; he hates me again. “Jay wait!” I shout as he turns to leave again, and I follow him leaving Max and Laura with the two girls who had planned to kill us.

Laura’s POV

I sigh as Michaela runs out after Jay. Not this again.

“Now we do it my way.” I say while walking back over to Veronica. “I really am sorry about your head, and I understand why you both do what you do. But we’re not like the vampires that killed parts of both of your families. We don’t kill people anymore. And surely you can understand why I can’t let you carry on killing vampires?

“Wait a minuet. You don’t have to kill to feed? Not all vampires are killers? Michelle asks.

“No, and we realised that when we all fell in love with humans.” I say, looking over at Max and smiling.  I look back at the girls and I can see them both thinking about what I have just said.

“But we got led here by mysterious disappearances.”  Michelle replies.

“And then you heard us talking in the cafe about how we found the strength to stop.”

“I guess not all vampires are the same then.” Veronica says unable to look me in the eye, clearly ashamed.

“No we’re not.” I say smiling again now.

“I’m sorry,” Michelle says. “I don’t want to die.”

“She’s not going to kill you. Right Laura?” Max asks unconvinced. 

“Right. But I can’t leave things as they are either.” I take a deep breath and then look at the two girls before me. “You’re not going to hunt of kill vampires anymore. And you defiantly aren’t going to tell anyone we exist.” The girls reply that they won’t and smile happily at each other. “You can stay here until you find someone else; if you want to. “

“But Michaela...” Veronica begins.

“Don’t worry about her, I’ll talk to her.”

“Thank you.” They both say before living the living room to head back up to theirs.

“I’m proud of you babe.” Max says while pulling me to him. “But it looks as if I’m going to be spending more time convincing Jay about you guys again.”

“Yeah.” I sigh, laughing. “I’m sure he’ll get over it again though.

Sarah’s POV

Walking hand in hand with Nathan through the park under the stars is so magical. It may not be everyone’s idea of a good date but for me it’s perfect. All of a sudden he stops walking and turns to face me. Something’s clearly playing on his mind.

“What’s wrong Nathan?” I ask, placing a hand on his check.  He places a hand over the top of mine and smiles nervously at me.

“Do you want to move in with me?”

“What a stupid question!” I reply.

“Don’t worry about it, it was just a suggestion.” Nathan mumbles looking down at the ground.

“You idiot Nath, I’d love to!” The smile that breaks across his face is instantaneous and lights me up from inside out.