Chapter 3

"Whoa!"

Eren instinctively wrapped his arm around the raven's waist, hoisting him up before the smaller male kissed the ground.

"Thanks, it's hard to see stray rocks on the road in my condition." Levi just giggled, honesty more focused on the arm holding him securely on his waist.

The raven leaned on him as they walk, Eren would have enjoyed it if only Kenny was not drilling holes in the back of his head. The brunette could almost hear the growl that the older Alpha tried to suppress. Now, Eren was torn between letting the raven lean on him or simply letting go of him. But Levi was so precious in his dress and hat, the outfit made him look smaller than ever and it drove Eren's instincts insane, telling him to protect the little thing with his life.

"Usually, I ride Rouge when I go to town," Levi said stealing the brunette's attention.

The raven was pissed to see that his uncle was coming with them, the older Alpha was overreacting to little things. It's not that Levi was ungrateful for his Uncle's protection but sometimes it was getting annoying.

"Rouge?" Eren asked. Levi could feel the young Alpha relax now that his attention was not on the moody old Alpha behind them.

"My horse. Erwin, my childhood friend's family bred horses. They had this horse that no one can tame. I was 10 when I met Rogue. The horse blocked my path to stop me from going near the pond's edge." Levi smiled at the memory.

The Smith's villa was worth the visit, it was nice smelling flowers and exploring the wide meadow that was covered with soft short grass. In there, Levi was free to run around without bumping himself accidentally on tress or tripping over rocks.

"Wow, that horse must really care for you."

"Yes, it was a shock to everyone to see a very violent horse being gentle with me. When I was old enough to ride, Erwin gave Rouge to me as a birthday present."

"You got a horse for a birthday present? Well, I'm jealous." Eren chuckled.

"You can have one too! I'll ask Erwin, he's a big softy and he never says no to anyone!"

"Ummm... I still don't know how to ride a horse though," Eren replied sheepishly. Is this a normal thing in the countryside? Are people giving away expensive livestock for free?

"It's okay, I'll teach you."

"No!" Kenny interjected. Reaching for Levi and separating them.

"What do you mean no?!" Levi swatted Kenny's arms away like it was an annoying fly. "You know I can handle it!"

Levi stumped away from Kenny and settled on Eren's other side. Eren on the other hand knew what made the older Alpha snap. It was clear as day actually, the older Alpha's glare on the young tells it all. Kenny was not doubting Levi's abilities in teaching the brunette how to ride a horse but the idea of the two being close was what Kenny got so worked up.

Eren remained silent. Not sure if he would decline Levi's offer or go on with it. His thoughts were cut short when the raven announced their arrival.

The town was not what Eren expected. He thought it was as busy as the city but he was wrong. It was quiet, pleasant even. Each shop was surrounded by nature. Flowers in decorative pots, trees providing enough shade for anyone, hedges neatly trimmed, the path was covered in bricks with green grass crawling in between.

The shops were also stunning, and the structure of the buildings was unique in their own way. The nature that surrounds them gave them a homey vibe. Though they look old the building aged gracefully.