Chapter 14

I would like to thank everyone that supported me in this story. Your comments, votes, or simply putting my book on your read list, warms my heart and put a smile on my face, especially in these tough times. I really appreciate it. Thank you and I hope you enjoy this chapter ♥

"Oh," Levi's voice quivered. It was like a landslide, washing away all of the raven's Omega excitement.

The house was silent for a good minute then Kenny spoke. "The long journey must have crushed them." The old Alpha explained. "It's quite understandable since they are very fragile." Kenny leaned over the broken pieces, peeking up the thin frames, and examined them. They were bent thus the glass shattered.

"I... see," Levi gulped, blinking several times in hopes that it will hold back the tears. He turned to Eren's blurry figure, he thought he'll finally see his boyfriend's face but it seemed like it was not meant to be. "It's okay."

"No! I am not letting this go!" Eren slammed his palms on the table.

Levi flinched at the sudden noise, he can smelt Eren's disappointment and sorrow but there was a tinge of determination in the air.

Moving to the Omega's side, Eren took Levi's hands in his and held them tight. "Levi, I promised that I will help you. I gave you my word." The raven's hands were trembling, possibly from holding his emotions. Looking up at Levi, Eren can tell how much the raven was suppressing his emotions. Levi remained calm yet those blue-stormy eyes conveyed otherwise. Eren won't allow this. "Please, I want you to hold on to that okay?"

"Eren..." Levi almost croaked. "What are you planning?"

"I'm going back to the city. I'll personally go to get your glasses."

"You're leaving me?"

"I'm going to come back, you trust me right."

"I trust you but..." Levi held their hands up to his trembling lips. He doesn't want Eren to leave. For now, Levi doesn't care if he can't see clearly, as long as his Alpha will remain by his side. "I don't trust other people! Eren, the bandits that highjacked your train last time are still out there!" The raven protested.

"I know, but the lighting doesn't strike twice in the same place. I'm getting your glasses."

----

"Hey, don't cry. I'll be back with your glasses. That's a promise," Eren reassured, placing a kiss on the Omega's forehead, and with his free hand, he wiped tears in Levi's eyes.

"I believe you," Levi nodded weakly as looked up from his boyfriend. Trying his best to study the brunette's facial features, inhaling his calming rainforest-pine scent and feeling his hand laced on his. Levi doesn't want to let go, knowing that plans tend to change. No one can predict the future but deep in his heart, Levi trust that Eren will come back, safe and sound.

After a long tight hug and a peck on his lips, Levi watched the blurry figure of the Alpha he loved entered the carriage. The black carriage was pulled by four mighty stallions to the dirt path leading to the main road. The raven stayed on his spot, squinting his eyes in hopes to see the carriage from afar. When the sounds of heavy hooves grew distant and the carriage out of sight, Levi gasped, forcing himself to stop crying.

"Come on, Le. Let's go home." Kenny patted his shoulder.

Levi bit his lower lip as he tried to stop the tears from falling again. He had so many doubts but he trusted Eren. He trusted that he'll come back. No matter what.