Chapter 11

"How is he?" Eren stood from his seat the moment Kenny came down the stairs.

"He's feeling much better now," Kenny said, reaching for one of the cups and get himself some water to drink. His eyes landed on the pile of books on the table. "Why'd you have this here?"

"Oh, I was planning on reading this to Levi," Eren took one and showed it to the old Alpha. "I hope that it will distract him from what had happened."

"That's why you went with Armin's this morning?"

"Yes, we also ran into one of the townspeople. They say that the beach will open soon. I really hope that maybe we can visit it after?" Eren dragged the words, uncertain of what Kenny will react if he specified that he wanted to visit the beach with Levi once it's opened.

"You know, brat. Levi had something important to tell you." Kenny started, staring down at his empty cup. "But Levi won't utter a word unless you force him too. That's the trick." Putting the cup down at the table, he left the brunette in the kitchen.

Eren stared at his back until Kenny left the house. Once again, silence. Somehow that house is never the same without Levi's presence, the whole place is quiet and depressing.

Eren bit his lower lips, staring at the wooden marking on the table. He is still thinking over what Kenny said, does the Alpha mean that he had to force Levi to speak to him? For Eren, that is just too cruel. He can wait until Levi ready to open it up or...

He moved to the living room, pacing back and forth. Contemplating if he should follow Kenny's advice or wait for Levi to say what he had to say whenever the Omega is ready. But Eren figured that Kenny knew Levi more than he does, and sensed that letting the Omega decide when he'll open up, but that'll probably took forever.

Inhaling deeply, Eren exhaled his uncertainty. He had to trust Kenny on this one. Running up the stairs, Eren knocked at the raven's door. "Levi?"

He knocked again. "It's me, Eren. Kenny said that you have something important to say to me?" He heard Levi gasped inside and it almost made Eren aborted his plan. Kenny's words kept coming back at him, if forcing Levi to speak will help the Omega, then Eren will do it. Perhaps the old Alpha was right, on a psychological level, it is much better for the person to speak up than let whatever they had in mind kept to themselves. The best thing that Eren can do is to listen.

With a plan ahead, Eren knocked again before turning the doorknob. "I'm coming in, okay?"

Upon opening the door, Eren was greeted with raven's bitter scent, it was like Levi's sweet vanilla scent had coffee poured into it. Levi was sitting in his bed, eyes still red from all the crying but he had changed clothes and fix his hair. Yet the tiredness is imminent.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Eren asked gently as he sat at the foot of the bed, hoping that he'll make Levi feel safe with the distance. He slowly let his scent rose in the air, not dominating, but calming. "I had some books about the ocean downstairs, I want them to read them to you. Come on, let's go downstairs."

Levi lightly lifted his head and looked at Eren.

"It's amazing how vast the ocean is, there is so some to learn with all the creatures!" Eren continued. Letting his cheery scent overpowered Levi's in hopes that it will help with the raven's mood. "Also, one of the townspeople said that the beach near town will open soon! Isn't that great Levi. I can imagine it will be a lot of fun and-"

"Eren, I had something to say to you..." Levi whispered.

"Okay," Eren straighten. "Whenever you're ready." It took a good minute for Levi to finally speak.