Chapter 15

Levi was panting when he finally arrived at the greenhouse. He almost tripped on stray rocks during his run but he managed to reach the house full of greenery safely.

It was not too long when Levi heard the distant rattling sounds of the wooden carriage as it was being pulled by mighty stallions.

Levi took a seat on the bench, his hands laced together as he calmed his nerves and his ever-beating heart.

As the sun sets, the carriage was visible. For Levi, it was just a blurry brown blob in the distance but the sounds of the hooves just confirmed it.

Levi remained on his seat when the carriage finally halted. One by one, the passengers got out. Levi smelt the familiar scent of locals and one foreign scent.

But still no Eren.

The raven lowered his head, forcing himself to stop crying at yet another disappointing day.

As the skies turns darker, Levi stood and drag his feet home. The carriage already left and so as the passengers but the raven Omega noticed the foreigner.

He smelt the scent of the female Omega foreigner. Levi figured she was as old as his uncle, bonded, and obviously new to the place. Her scent spread out pure confusion to where the main town was.

Sighing, Levi approached her. "Excuse me, can I help you?"

"Oh! Deary! Aren't you pretty!" the old Omega squealed.

"Um... ah, thank you..." Levi blushed at the compliment and cleared his throat. "Are you lost?"

"Maybe? I'm not sure, you see- I'm supposed to travel with my husband and my son. But our tickets got messed up and all!"

"Uh-huh," Levi nodded. "I'll walk you to the inn then."

"I'm not sure about that. I spoke to the couch and he said that the inn was full today! Goodness! How unlucky I can be?!" the woman exclaimed.

Levi reached into his memory, he did recall that a group of merchants came to town. They probably booked the whole place up.

"Perhaps, is there another place I can stay in? Maybe my husband and my son will be here by tomorrow."

"Um...." Levi glanced at the greenhouse. Obviously, the place was not fit to accept guests. Hange had all her bottled experiments all over the place, one could mistake them for sugar or coffee.

Levi hesitated to offer his home. But he thinks his uncle won't mind since the lovely lady is an Omega. They do have an extra room but it was Eren's room. Levi didn't want someone else's scent to overlap Eren's. But, the raven sniffed the air. This lady, somehow smelt like rain and pine. It reminded him of Eren. Odd. "I think... um, you can stay at my house. We do have a spare room."

"Really?! This is just grand! Don't worry, I'll pay you!" The Omega cheered. "My name is Carla. And what's your name dear? Before I start calling you my angel."

Levi blushed. "Um, yes. My name is Levi."

----

Carla and Levi enjoyed a cup of tea at the dining table when they arrived. The raven set aside the old Omega's luggage at the corner, for he was not sure if his uncle would approve of Carla's stay.

When Levi smelt his uncle was near, he met him at the entrance and explained everything.

Nodding to his nephew, Kenny approached the old Omega.

"So, your name is Carla. Nice to meet you, my name is Kenny. I'm Levi's uncle," Kenny tipped his hat at the old Omega. He didn't expect to have a guest but after hearing his nephew's reason, he'll allow her to stay.

"Such a gentleman! I knew a friend in the city. You want me to send a letter to her?" Carla clapped her hands.

"T-that's unnecessary." Kenny blushed deeply.

"Oh, don't be! Both of you can start as penpals! That will be so romantic!"

"Pfft!" Levi set down his tea and covered his mouth. If he didn't he could have spitted his tea while laughing. When he felt Kenny's glare digging into his skull, Levi cleared his throat and stood. "I'll start dinner."

"Let me help you, I'll just finish my tea," Carla offered.

"It's okay, you're our guest," Levi turned to the kitchen. Hands reached out, and his fingers traced into the jars of ingredients.

This didn't go unnoticed by Carla. "What's the matter, dear?"

"Levi had poor vision," Kenny stated as he lit up the fireplace.

"Poor vision? Impossible! Levi guided me here without any trouble!"

"Levi knew this place like the back of his hand, he had no trouble going to town and back."

"Really?!" Carla turned to Levi. The raven started cooking some stew by the fire. That also shook the old Omega. "And you cook as well?! Not to mention this house is spotless! Levi are you sure you are not an angel blessed by the heavens?!"

Levi felt his cheeks grow hotter like the flame under his pot. "I believe I'm just human."

"But it's impossible! You are so beautiful my dear and your abilities in cleaning as well as cooking are spot on!" Carla stood and took a peek at Levi's cooking. "That stew smells so good!"

"T-Thank you," Levi smiled. It was really nice to hear approval from a fellow Omega. It really boosted Levi's self-esteem, clearing all the doubts that he had in the past few days.

"Oh dear Kenny! Your nephew had been blessed!" Carla exclaimed after she tasted the stew.

"I know Levi is very special," the Alpha nodded.

"Uncle," Levi's blush only deepened.

"Oh, I wish I could hook you up with my son," the old Omega frowned. "But he was going to propose to an Omega. I never met this Omega before! And wanted to test them before my son can get down on one knee!"

Levi chuckled. "I'm sorry but I have a boyfriend."

"Is that so? Then that Alpha is one lucky fellow! Levi, I knew we just met but if that boyfriend of yours makes you cry, call me. Because I'll make sure to punch him in the gut!"

"Thank you," Levi smiled shyly. The raven's mother died when he was young, Kenny tried his best to be both his mother and father but this old Omega. Carla, her positive energy and sweetness. Levi won't mind having her as his mother figure.

Kenny smiled as he watched the two Omegas interact with each other. There was something with the old Omega that he couldn't point out though. Her brown hair, her tan skin, and her scent. Rain and pine.

The old Alpha shook his head. He had other important things to think through than to scrutinize his guest. One of those 'important things' was maybe he should let Carla send a letter to her friend.

-----

edited: 06/10/22