Chapter 8

"Eren, I... I bought you some breakfast," Levi shyly stepped in the Alpha's room. He tried to stop his hands from shivering at the idea that Eren will question him further. He is not ready yet. He likes Eren and he can't bare the fact that Eren will hate him for lying.

"Levi," Eren perked up at his arrival and quickly helped the Omega with the tray. He was well and out of the bed. As expected for Alphas, and the doctor did mention that he is a fast healer.

"You don't have to do this, I'm already well." The Alpha chuckles.

Levi lowers down his head, suddenly felt embarrassed. He is aware that Alphas healed quickly but he wants to take care of Eren after a whole evening hiding from him.

"I just..." Levi drags on. What is he trying to do? Prove that he is worthy? He is not even sure, last night he realized what damage he had done and he had no idea how to fix it. Also, he realized how desperate he is to go with pretending so Eren will like him.
He felt Eren's hand rest on his shoulder but he kept his head down.

"Levi, about yesterday."

He immediately tensed.

"I didn't hear it all, so don't worry." Eren smiled as lift his chin with his index finger. "I was worried though when you left, I felt bad for eavesdropping in your conversation with Hange-"

"No, don't feel bad. We are talking in your room anyway...." Levi interject.

"But Hange explained to me that you wanted to say something. But if you don't want to talk about it then, it's fine. Only when you are comfortable!" Eren's cheery voice sounds like an angel in Levi's ear.

He stared at the Alpha's blurry face. He suddenly felt bad for pretending for what he's not because Eren is.... he's too pure and true, unlike Levi.

"Eren.," Levi whispered.

"Yeah?"

"Can I... see your face?" Levi asks shyly. He did feel Eren's face before and he realized that he looked like a creep touching a person's face in his sleep. Now, he wanted to start to make things right and properly ask for the Alpha's permission.

He heard Eren chuckles, then the Alpha's hands on his. Eren draw a few circles with his thumb on both of Levi's hand before he pulled them to his face. Next, the Omega inhaled the most gentle and calming scent he ever smelt. All his nerves were settled, his thoughts cleared, his heartbeats and his inner Omega purred at the Alpha's scent.

"You don't need to ask."

*****

"Umm... Eren, about what Hange said that I have something to tell you... Well, I was pretending... " Levi gulped. " Pretending to be cute and all.." He lowered his voice to his usual cool, deep tone. "I did that because I want you to like me..." He inhaled. "Right... I-I like you! And I thought that you won't like me because I don't act like a usual Omega, plus... my sight. So... I want you to pick me.... please.."

Levi stopped on his tracks when he realized he sounded too desperate. He's been practicing his speech on the walk to Erwin's. He seldom visits the blonde because he can't stand Erwin's Alpha scent unlike Eren's but that doesn't mean Levi will throw away their friendship. They are still best friends and he was the person that came to raven's mind when Levi wanted some help with his speech. Erwin is good with words.
He wanted this to go well.

He wanted Eren to understand and not get mad because if the Alpha did get mad... Levi doesn't know what to do... The thought is already painful, that is why he is practicing so he can express his feelings and hoped the Alpha accepts it.

Truth be told, Levi is not much for words and he was able to speak so long when Eren came along. Though every night he drunk a warm cup of peppermint tea to soothe his aching throat, clearly not used to speaking so long and forced in a higher pitch.

Also, he wanted some advice from his best friend about confession not only his true nature but also his feelings for the doctor.

"... I want you to be my Alpha...." Levi can feel his face explode with embarrassment. Why is turning into a love-struck teen at his age?! He always straight forward person, always saying what his mind told him too, but saying those words out loud, his heart just can't take it.

Levi tried again as he continued the familiar road down to the Smith's farm. He can smell the stench of horses, so he is getting close.
After a few more minutes he reached the farm and was greeted with a familiar strong Alpha scent. Erwin.

Levi quickly pulled out his bandana and tied it around his face, covering his nose. It won't filter the Alpha's scent much but it helps him stay with Erwin longer.

"Levi!" Erwin called out. "You're here!"

Levi waved at the blurry bulky figure that is coming towards him. "Hey. I need your help."

"Anytime! Let's sit on our usual spot?"

"Sure." Levi shrugged with a smile, remembering the old days.

The particular slot is a bench in the middle of a field in the Smith's property. They always play and hang out there when they are kids. Levi memorized that place that he allowed the Alpha to lead him, maybe they changed or added a few things after the years.

When they reached the spot, they sat side by side as usual.

"Remember when a toad jumped at your lap?" Erwin recalled.

"You fucker! I told you to don't ever in hell mention it again!" That felt good as Levi spoke in his usual tone and free to throw whatever expression he used.

They talked about the good days until Levi decided to turn the conversation in the situation at hand.

"Erwin... I need your help." Levi started.

"Is this about that doctor?"

Erwin's tone took him off guard. The blonde Alpha seemed to growl the mere mention of Eren. Levi raised a brow at him. "What is wrong with you?"

"Levi, I never liked seeing how you act around him. Why are you doing that?" Erwin sounded angry but Levi didn't falter.

"Because! I want him to like me!" Levi can feel heat rides up to his cheeks.

"Levi, I'm saying this because I'm your best friend. I don't trust him. He's from the city, we don't know his ways or maybe he is just claiming that he's a doctor."

"Don't be ridicules!"

"Even so, I think you don't deserve him."
Levi's breath hitched and tears start to form in his eyes. Did he just hear Erwin right?
Erwin must have sensed his mistake and quickly tries to mend it. "No! I mean! You deserve better. Someone who knew you inside out."

"I don't want anyone! I fucking want Eren!" Levi stood and threw his palm on the Alpha, successfully hitting him on the cheek. "How dare you! How fucking dare you say that I don't deserve Eren!"

"Levi, I'm sorry.." Erwin slowly stood and faced the Omega. "I didn't mean to come out like that. What I really mean to say is, you deserve better." He took Levi's hands on his. "Someone who knew you since childhood."

Levi's eyes widen at the statement. He snatched his hands off from the blonde. "Wait, Erwin you-"

"I like you, Levi. I like everything about you. You don't need to pretend with me."

"Wait, no Erwin. I...I never see you that way..." Levi stepped back. He is conflicted and somehow trapped when Erwin stepped forward and loomed over him. "I have to go."

"Wait!"

Levi gasped when he felt a vice grip clamped on his elbow, as Erwin forced him to stay.
"But what if my scent doesn't bother you? Will that do?" Erwin sounded that he was begging but his scent told otherwise. It turned strong and heavy, forcing Levi to submit and wheeze for fresh air. It was suffocating.

"Erwin stop! You are hurting me!" Levi tried to claw the blonde's hand off of his elbow but the other tighten it further.

"Answer me!" Erwin demanded.

Levi is gasping for air. Erwin's scent is too much. His inner Omega is scared, the raven can feel his limbs start to tremble in panic. He is feeling light-headed. He needs to get away from Erwin. He needs help, someone. Kenny. Hange. Eren. Eren.

"Eren!" Levi screamed.