One

Thud.

My body hit the ground like a sack of potatoes. I felt the push before it came, the sliding sound of the doors filled my ears. A boot stabbed straight into the hollows of my back kicking me onto the icy hard asphalt. I landed on what I feared a broken rib and screamed with agony. Pain filled every inch of my body, I curled into a ball trying to protect myself. I was weak and injured. They had destroyed me already and all I could taste was silver metallic blood.

So. much. blood.

It would be a miracle if I made it through the night. I had been beaten before but nothing like this.

All I could think of while I was curled up on the cold hard ground was if I made it out of here alive I was going to kill Sebastian Kelley.

They let me be for a while and I caught my breath, but I could hear muffled sounds and I was sure they weren't quite done with me. Not just yet.

I slowed my breathing trying to give my broken rib a break, I was practically wheezing at this point and all I could smell was the wet asphalt and dead worms. I was going to die on this godforsaken pavement in the middle of nowhere and some kid was going to stumble across my half-rotten carcass a week later. What a way to go. Fuck you Sebastian.

This was not what I had planned.

Footsteps started making their way towards me. I held my breath the best I could and laid incredibly still. Maybe they would think I was dead.

Some large hand grabbed me and pulled me up to my knees. I could smell his cheap aftershave with a little bit of sweat mixed in. His breath hot on my face.

I whaled in pain and tried to grab my broken rib. I was so weak I couldn't even stand, two men held me up by my arms. I couldn't even hold my own head up. I was a disgrace, an embarrassment.

I heard a click my mind filled with fear, I couldn't breathe. I was right they weren't done with me just yet. I tried to pull away but I was weak, it was pointless. I slumped back to the ground in defeat. Another set of footsteps approached me and I could feel the heat from the flame inches from my skin.

I screamed and wished for death.

I stretched my arms stiff from sitting in an office chair all afternoon, I glanced at the clock at the corner of my computer screen and it was only 3:47 pm. Could this day possibly go any freaking slower........... Tick tock tick tock....

I tapped my pen against my desk wishing I could fast forward through the next hour. I sighed and chewed on my pen cap, I was unfocused and anxious to get out of work today.  I had plans for the evening with an old friend and my mind was already other places. I shuffled the papers on my desk around trying to look busy in case someone walked by. Why I tried so hard as this job, I had no idea. It's not like it really mattered, it was my sad attempt to try and be somewhat normal.

Ivy had been out of town for a work trip and I had missed her dearly. She was my best friend, really my only friend now a days. She was about the only person I felt like I could trust since everything had happened. I shuttered just thinking about it, I sat back in my chair and sighed. I hated the dark places my mind still went after all this time. No matter how much I tried not to think about it, it would always be a part of me. It was inevitable. I hated it

 Ivy was well Ivy..... but she was beautiful, wild, and crazy. At one time someone would have said the same about me but things had changed and that was a long time ago and I had the scars to prove it. Being a normal functioning person of society was now my reality. Office job, dress pants, and a clean and polished persona that was me.