Chapter 6

I turned on the shower knob and waited for the water to warm up. It was just a little past 6:00am. I had told Sebastian I'd meet him at the gym later this morning, but clearly he hadn't listened as his Challenger was still sitting outside my window. Everything I would need was packed and ready to go. It was about a two hour drive to Venomous, it was just north of the city a little bit. It wasn't in a great part of town, but the gangs and crime stayed away for the most part. It was a money maker for them as well so they had no reason to bother us.

I took a quick shower and put on some holey boyfriend jeans, my black ankle boots, and a leather jacket. I texted Bash I'm ready if you are. Be down in a minute.

Bash: I'll follow you up

I grabbed my keys and locked the door. It would be awhile before I would return. I let the owners of the cafe know I'd be gone for awhile but would still keep my apartment paid up. I sent an email to my boss the night before basically stating I wouldn't be returning.

I jumped in the bronco with all my boxes. I turned on the car and took a deep breath. This was it, no turning back now. I put the car in gear and pulled out on the street. Sebastian followed in right behind me. I flipped him the bird and looked back to see him laughing to himself. I settled in and turned up the radio, and headed north on the highway.

                    ***************

As we approached the city my heart was beating fast I had to admit I was nervous going back. I knew a lot of people were going to reconize me and I wasn't ready yet. I just wanted to stay low and safe until this mess blew over. Sebastian had tail gated me the entire time making sure he didn't lose me. Even if I wanted to take off my car was no match for his Challenger.

I knew we were close by the landmarks we had passed. The old strip mall was still half empty with a broken down parking lot and weeds half way up the building. Mama's Cafe still had the half burnt out open sign flashing in the front window. I spent countless nights there eating at crazy hours after all the fights had ended for the night. It was a total dump but it always had the best food. They also kept it open way late for the venomous after crowd. If it wasn't for fight nights it probably would of been closed down years ago.

As we got closer there was broken down cars on the sides of the streets. Run down buildings, trash blowing in the breeze, kids running down the street and sitting on front porches. I turned left and could see Venomous in the distance. Home sweet home. It hadn't changed a bit. The crew kept it maintained well. On the outside it looked just like an old empty wearhouse but inside was another story. Venomous was written in bright red above the main door. Below painted on the windows advertised the fight nights. Matches were set Thursday-Saturday night. Anyone could sign up for a fight. It was open to anyone who was brave enough to get the shit kicked out of them.

The gym also had a liquor and gambling license. It attracted a lot of spectators, even those who would never get in the ring would come and get blistering drunk, cheer on the competitors, and gamble all their money away. We had our fair share of ring women that would show up dressed in skimpy outfits hoping to take home a winner at the end of the night. I called them ringbunnies. Prostitution and under the table bets were not allowed. The business was 100% legit. When we first started everything was underground but as time went on we slowly we're able to obtain what we needed and we had been clean ever sense.

We approached the building and my old parking spot was still empty. Written in paint my name had faded but it still said Blythe Only on the side of the building. Bash,  Kane, and I had gotten really drunk one night and had all claimed our own parking spots outback. Now that I think about it, it seems rather idiotic now. We had all gained a lot of respect everyone knew not to mess with the venomous crew.