Chapter 7

Damn it Lenox. What the hell are you doing? Blythe is mine and is off limits. I closed the blinds before Blythe could see me watching her. I knew they had a past but that was a long time ago. I guess he still had a soft spot for her. She was breath taking  beautiful and was sexy as hell. It was hard not to fall in love with her. I sat back in the roller chair in the office and put my feet up on the desk trying to look sexy as hell before Blythe made it up the stairs. I would die if she saw me spying on her. That girl scared the hell out of me.

I could hear her shoes click up the stairs to the office, she grabbed the door knob and swung the door open. The jeans she was wearing showed off all her curves. Her hair was pulled back in a loose pony tail. I got a whiff of her lavander shampoo, she smelled amazing.

"Yo asswad, you hiding up here" she asked as she made her way to the chair across from me. She slide into one of the chairs in the office.

"No I had some shit to do" I replied through clinched teeth. I was still fuming Lenox was flirting with her a few minutes ago.

She studied me and squinted her eyes at me. She was always studying me. I wished I could hear all the thoughts in her head. "What the hell is wrong with you today?" She asked. "By the way this is still my office" she added.

"Nothing, I ready had to come review the matches from Saturday. We had some questionable wins and I just wanted to make sure there wasn't any funny business going on."

She nodded at me not meeting my eyes. I could tell she was thinking as she looked out the window to all the rings below. I still hadn't told her all the details of the mess with Bryan. There was no way she was going to agree. The truth had to come out soon. She would want to know her part in this deal. She stood up and walked over to a photo on the wall. It was a photo of the original gang, we we're all just kids trying to make it in the world back then. Everyone was still here at the gym, we we're thick as mud. We we're all in our mid twenties now, somewhat grown up but still stupid kids at heart.

I got up and walked over beside her and put my hands in my pockets.  The hair stood up on my arm as I got close to her.

She studied the photo as I watched  her out of the corner of my eye "that was a long time ago" she whispered.

"I know. Everyone is still here at least." I replied.

"Yeah I guess...." I could hear the hurt in her voice. She was tough as nails and it killed me to see her vulnerable.

"I'm sorry Blythe" I whispered.

She crossed her arms and flew around to face me, her eyes were dead. "Sorry, sorry? Are you fucking kidding me. You think that's all you have to say and poof it all goes away. Jesus Bash I almost fucking died."

She stepped away and walked around the desk. There was nothing I could say or do to fix what I had done.

"I remember waking up in a hospital bed with tubes in my mouth, my nose, I couldn't move and all I could think of was this all of this was your fault."

I didn't have the heart to tell her that I was the one who had found her and taken her to the hospital.

Her voice was chilling as she continued "They grabbed me while I was leaving the gym one night. They put a bag over my head and tied me up. I screamed as loud as I could and tried to fight them off but there was too many. I didn't stand a chance...they threw me into the back of a truck. I tried to memorize the turns so I could figure out where they were taking me. I lost track after the third turn. They pulled me out of the truck and threw me on the ground. They left my mask on so I couldn't see them."

I wanted to die right there. I couldn't hear anymore. I didn't save her, I let them find her. My stomach was in my throat. I watched her as she continued to tell the story. All the hurt in her words cut me like a blade.

She looked me right in the eye and said "they beat me, burned me, cut me, to within an inch of my life. I hope every time you see my scars I hope it hurts. It should hurt because I have those scars because of you. You feel off the fucking bus Sebastian. We don't deal in gang shit and you took the fucking bait. Easy cash right? What the hell did they promise you? If we sold there drugs they would give you a fat check or what?"

"Blythe" I whispered.

"Get the hell away from me. I fucking hate you Sebastian." She said in cold blood.

She was broken, the kind of broken only time and forgiveness would heal not tape or glue. That hit was meant for me not her. I never would have imagined they would of taken her. That's not how it was supposed to happen. I wasn't the one who made the deal with the gang members with the drugs. I would never touch the stuff. I had worked my ass off to make the gym a clean operation, I would never do anything to ruin that reputation.

A past employee had told a gang member we would move all of their cocaine through the bar on fight nights. I had no idea what was happening before it was too late. After all the coke was sold our guy took off with all the money and of course the gang went crazy. They couldn't find him so they went after me. I told them we would pay them off but it wasn't enough. They knew it wouldn't be easy to take me down so they went to the next easy target Blythe.

They could of killed me I wouldn't of cared. If it would have saved her I would have done anything including death to save her. I would die for her any day of the week just to make sure she was safe. I couldn't hardly look at her with all the pain eluding from her. She was hurting all because of me. She didn't deserve this, I didn't deserve her, she would never love me or look at me like the way I looked at her.

I walked over next to her and laced my fingers through her hand trying to comfort her "That hit was meant for me not you." I whispered.

I could hear her trying to muffle her sobs. "I know nothing I can say will make it right. Nothing will make those scars or memories or pain go away. But I'll be damned if I let anything else ever happen to you. I would die for you a 100 times over before I would let anyone touch you again. Your safe here with me."

She looked at our intertwined hands while tears streamed down her face. It felt good to touch her. My hand belonged in hers. She pulled her hand out of mine and said softly "I need some space."

She headed down the steps and all I wanted to do was comfort her but I was the cause of all her pain and I couldn't heal her. She stopped part way down the steps and asked "what did you mean when you said that guy wanted me? That's why I had to come back."

She wasn't going to like what I had to say but it was the only deal he would take "He wants you....in the ring..for a match" I stuttered out.

She froze on the stairs and never said a word. I stood at the top of stairs facing her back. She hesitated for a second like she was going to say something but decided against it. She continued down the stairs and headed towards her old loft.

I jumped down the steps and almost took after her but stopped because I knew I would do more damage than harm. I called to her "Blythe I promise after this I will put you so deep in hiding no one will ever find you. You will never have to come back here or ever see me ever again."

It would kill me if I could never see her again but if that's what it took to keep her safe I would do it. She continued on her away so she could get far far away from me.