Chapter 15

The hot water coming out of the shower head felt amazing. My muscles burned and ached, it was soothing and relaxing. I put my face into the steaming hot water and let it roll over the top of my head.

I was upset with Lenox, I couldn't believe he just walked out of me like that. Was I really that undatable? I had to admit, it kind of stung being rejected like that. He wasn't the first guy I had fooled around with and he wasn't going to be the last.

I had never actually been in a full on relationship with a guy. I was afraid of commitment and most guys were intimidating by me once they came to realize I use to be a competitive boxer.

I put my head against the wall and stood in the shower for another 10 minutes. I finally turned off the water after the tips of my fingers started to look like prunes.

I stepped out of the shower and dried off. I wrapped the towel around myself and checked my phone. Nothing....ugg.

I brushed my hair and put some product in it and let it air dry. I slipped on a pair of light wash skinny jeans and v neck shirt. I walked out to the kitchen and put together a sandwich. I was starving after my workout.

I heard a soft knock of the door, I hadn't closed it completely and Lexi popped her head in through the cracked door.

"You decent?" She asked.

I put the bread back in the cabinet and laughed "even if I wasn't you'd barge in anyway Lex."

She opened the door and took a seat across from me at the kitchen island "true, but we both know your not my type."

I took a bite out of my sandwich and rolled my eyes.

"So what's up?" I asked.

She leaned back in her chair and put her arms across her chest "just thinking I'd check in after what went down in the gym earlier."

I let out a sigh "I don't know what the hell is going on with Lenox. He was all over me when I showed up and then he just dropped me."

"Well to be honest he was always kinda an asshole. I don't really know what you see in him" she replied.

"Lexi what are you talking about? He's always been good to me" I took a sip of my water.

Lexi pushed herself to the edge of the chair and put her elbows on the table "oh man you don't know what happened. Bash didn't tell you?"

"Bash didn't tell me what?" I questioned.

"Well...while you were gone....Lenox kinda made a play behind you two for a stake in the partnership of the gym."

"What!" I shrieked. The gym was owned 50/50 by Sebastian and I. If Lenox had been trying to run business under our nose why was he still here?

"How did he find out?" Sebastian could be dense but he was also hyper aware of everything around him.

Lexi reached over and took a few chips off the counter "he kept bringing in all these elite business men to watch matches. The suits, it just looked like he was trying to get more business for the gym. But it turned out he was actually trying to get them to invest and turn the matches into league fights."

I was dumbfounded. Why would Lenox do that. We weren't part of the league because it wasn't what we represented. League matches were a circus for the TV crowd. We were the real deal not some trailer trash tv hype.

"Wait a minute, why didn't Bash fire him?"

She shrugged her shoulders "my guess is because Bash knows you had a thing for him and didn't want you to come back and Lenox not be here."

I leaned up against the counter "but why would that matter?"

"Sebastian didn't want to risk you leaving again. I don't think he could handle if you took off again."

I sighed and crossed my hands across my chest.

"If your going to say he's in love with me, please don't" I narrowed my eyes at her.

Lexi put her hands up and said "every one knows it. It's not a secret. That's why Lenox and Bash got into it. There both in love with you"

"Stop--Lexi. That's not true. Sebastian doesn't love me that way." I stammered

"I know, this is hard for you girl" she said softly.

"Lexi I've know you a long time. And I cant-- I can't open my heart again to that. Even if he does love me, I can't do this again. You know how much I loved him when we were kids. That boy was everything to me. He broke my heart" I confessed.

"I know Blythe. But--I think this time it's legit. It's different, he's not a cocky little boy anymore. He's a man now that loves you. I can see it in the way he looks at you, in the way he walks, talks, acts. He has it bad for you. The past three years he was a ghost and since you came back he's been happy. I haven't seen him this happy in years."

I stared at the ground absorbing what Lexi had just said. I kicked the bottom of the kitchen cabinets with my toe.

"I won't lie, when he showed up at my apartment my heart was in my chest. It took my breath away just to be near him again."

"You still love him, don't you?" She asked.

I looked out the window studying the cars going down the street. One by one, different cars, different models, ages, speed. I would always love him, it was just how much was I willing to give him.

"I will always love him, there is no question about that. But I don't know if I can give up my heart again and be in love with him."

Lexi slipped off the chair and gave me a hug "if your the Blythe I know. Reckless, fearless, undeniably amazing. That boy will have no choice but to love you. I think you should give him a chance."

Before I could get anything out Lexi stopped me "nope, I don't want to hear it. Your still in love him and we both know it."

I sighed. Damn it Lexi, she was right.