Chapter 10

Lenox and I arrived at a small hole in the wall restaurant outside the city. It was quaint and homey and It was open until 3 am which was a plus since the gym made us night owls. He lead me to a table on an outside patio and we both sat down. A waitress came to our table and looked annoyed people were still coming in this late at night.

"What can I get you?" She asked. She was a younger girl kinda pretty with dirty blonde hair and soft eyes.

"Yeah I'll take a gin and tonic please" I flipped through the menu and decided on a dinner.

"We're out of tonic" she snipped back.

"Gin is fine" I said. She looked over at Lenox and perked up a little bit. I just rolled my eyes as him.

"I'll take a beer please" he said.

"Of course. No problem at all I'll come back and get your food order" and she walked back inside to the kitchen.

We both looked at each other and busted out laughing. "Wow she's great" I chuckled out.

"Yeah, it's late I don't blame her for being a bitch. Not everyone is a creature of the night like us" he said.

"She sure was I eyeing you" I winked at him. He just laughed and leaned back in his chair.

"I'm proud of you for tonight. You handled everything like a champ. I know there was a lot of talk and people whispering and you didn't even let it affect you" Lenox said softly.

I smiled and said "Nothing effects me. I have tough skin. I'm a little full of myself too if you didn't already know that."

"Im being serious Blythe, I know it's hard for you to be around Sebastian after what happened. To be honest I didn't think you would come back even after the current threat. I know you can protect yourself but I'm glad you listened to him even after everything." I studied the ice in my Gin,not wanting to meet his eyes. I wasn't much for deep conversation topics. It was easier just to move on and pretend it didn't happen.

"I've been through hell and back. This time isn't any different. Even if I don't end up on top I have nothing to loose" I said solemnly. I grabbed my drink and took a swallow. It burnt going down but it helped numb the pain.

"I've survived far worse" I mumbled.

Lenox reached across the table and grabbed my hand. He calmed me but not in the way Sebastian did. It was still soothing and I appreciated the effort.

He squeezed my hand "I just want you to know that I care about you. I don't want anything to happen to you ok?"

I gave him a half hearted smile "Thanks Lenox. It's nice to know I have someone in my corner"

He smiled back "Anytime babe."

The rest of our date was sweet and uneventful. Lenox and I had always meshed well. It was a nice break from the constant bickering between Bash and I. After dinner he took me back to my loft. We sat outside in his car for a few minutes in silence. We both just stared at the building lost in thought.

I was the first to speak "I remember when I met you. Bash and I had just pulled our money together to buy this old warehouse it was one of the first nights that fight nights had started to form."

I could see Lenox watching me out of the corner of my eye. I just kept staring at the back of the wearhouse and continued "you walked in and I pointed you out to Sebastian. I knew you were going to be a contender but Sebastian blew you off thinking you were just big and nothing more"

I laughed remembering that night "I bet Bash $500 you would win every fight that night. He jumped on it right away thinking it was a sure bet"

Lenox laughed and looked up at the ceiling of the car "Oh man, I remember that night and I won every single match. Then after Sebastian approached me and asked me to be part of the crew."

"I made him ask you to be apart of the crew. He was so pissed at me that night. I never let him live down that bet." I smiled.

I looked over at Lenox and told him softly "I'm glad you came that night. Your a good guy Lenox and I'm glad your part of my crew"

He leaned over and his eyes traveled down to my lips. I licked my lips and could see the want in his eyes.

He said huskily "Can I kiss you?"

I didn't answer and pressed my lips right against his.

Kinda a short chapter. Team Lenox or team Bash??? Things are going to start heating up soon!!  Thanks for reading!! Please comment and vote ❤️