Carnival Date

ASMA'S P.O.V

"I'm hungry."

My stomach makes a funny sound as I say that. Taehyung looks me, while I just laugh loudly.

I point at the nearby stall, where a middle-aged man was selling fresh and hot large corndog sticks. Taehyung flashes a genuine smile. "Let's go. I'm hungry too." He blishes, his pale cheeks turning light shade of pink.

I bring my free hand towards Taehyung's face, and pinch one of his cheek. "You're so cute." He blushes harder, and the coulour on his cheeks darkens.

Avoiding my gaze, Taehyung just walks ahead towards the food stall, not leaving my hand. A strange calm descended on me. A warm anesthetized calm that made happy, and the muscles on my cheeks twisted into happy smile.

My hands are fully engulfed in his veiny, large ones. I didn't notice we have already reached infront of the stall until he faces me. "How many?"

I snap out of my daydream. "Huh?"

Taehyung takes out his wallet with the help of his other hand. "How many you want to eat?"

"One is enough." I answer. Taehyung was ready to take out the fresh money notes, but I stop him.

"Stop. A lady can pay her own meal." I try detach my hand from Taehyung's bit he only grips it tighter. I look at him, "What are you doing? Leave my hand."

"I know you are a feminist, but I can still pay for you." Taeyhung says, ad he takes out the money from his wallet. "Let me play the role of awesome boyfriend."

"Okay. Mr Kim." I chuckle, "How did you know that I'm a feminist?" I question, and Taehyung already finished buying the foods, and handed me one. "You can leave my hand. I have to eat."

Taegyung shakes his head, "You can eat with your left hand."

"This is wayyyy too much." Taehyung shrugs his shoulders. I sigh, rolling my eyes. "You didn't answer my question. How did you know I was a feminist?"

"Well... the long lecture you gave to Areum yesterday, remember? About Women and oppression."

I blush at the thought, and slightly cringe. "Oh..yeah."

"And the other day whe.." Taehyung trails off, and quickly takes a bite of his food.

I blow an air on my food before taking a bite, "What other day? We met yesterday, right? Or did we meet before?" I ask, chewing the mozarella stick, and is too engrossed in the taste of it.

Taehyung panicks. "No! No! It's a misunderstanding." I shrug my shoulders, and went back to devour my food with my mouth.

"I wanna go on that" I say as Taehyung was just taking another bite of his corndog. I look at him with wide, pleading eyes, with a devilish smile and exclaiming my wants with a bounce and shout.

"Later," answers Taehyung nonchalantly, with cheeks full of food, looking at the direction I pointed- the spinning contraption with light flashing in all colors, and people screaming from the very top.

"Taehyung!" I whine, while he is eating his food, with large bites. "Can we? Please?" I beg, while pulling his sleeve.

"Are you even tall enough to go on that ride?" Taehyung teases, chuckling while placing his hand on my hand. "You have to be atleast four and a half feet to ride on adult ride at a carnival."