Coincidence or Fate

Asma's P.O.V

Getting dressed after coming fresh out of the shower really helped me to regain all the energy back. My mother enters the room just when I was blow-drying my hair. Continuing doing my thing, I ask while looking at her through the mirror, "Will you like ....at least knock?"

"Hmm." That's all she replies while her wondering around my room, and it squints  when her eyes fell on the unfolded blanket and other clothes lying on the bed. "This girl is so useless and irresponsible. Ya Allah."

"Chill. I will arrange it."

"When? After my death."

I stopped doing my hair and look at her with straight face. "Why are you mentioning death? You're so ridiculous."

"Me and ridiculous?! Did you make the mutton curry blue I ordered you to."

"No."

Why? Learn to make to make few dish items. You're a Bengali for. It's a rule to know the basics." She facepalms herself few times, “Ya Allah, Ipity her in-laws and husband."

"Yeah husband." I state blankly, and do my hair. I wishper. "What a luck I have."

Now my mother looks genuinly concerned. "Why? Is there's something wrong with him."

"Not really."

"If you don't want him or this wedding. I will have no problem to cancel it if you have second thoughts on this."

"Nah. He is fine. I'm just tired. Didn't have proper sleep last night."

"It's because you're always on the damn phone."

I just roll my eyes, and simply say nothing to her remarks. "Ammu, I'm going out." I say as soon as I take my phone and my bag.

"What?! Where?!

I shrug my shoulders, and take my car keys in my hand, while my mother's eyes are wondering around my face and body, searching for something to complain. "Why is your hair like that? You didn't put the coconut oil I brought for you?"

"I did, and washed it off later...the oil smells so bad."

"Why did you—

"Ammu, your face is glowing, and you look younger too."

A really huge smile appears on her face, and she touched her face. "Really?" She happily giggles, “I did use the special cream that your Auntie sent from India."

I was faking my enthusiasm, "Accha. Really? So cool. No wonder you look so young these days." She was placing her palm on top of cheeks, while erupting laughter. "Even your dad is saying the same thing."

"Whatever. I don't care."
I quickly took my keys and purse, and ran away from the room.

"Wait! Wait! Asma!"

———

Thought I will find do something productive when I will go out, but instead I am just sitting on a park bench with an ice-cream cup.

"Oh look who's here." I look up, and see a man with a huge bucket hat, and I can't recognise the face at all.

I reply, "I'm sorry, but who are you?"

The man removes his bucket hat, the face more clearly, and it was one of Taehyung's friends. I do remember his face but I don't remember any one of their faces. "So are you umm.....Jimin?"

The man chuckles lightly, "Nah. I am not that idiot. I am Jung Hoseok. Unlike him, I am a nice guy. Nice to meet you." He puts his hands forward for handshake.