1. Angry With A Dead Girl

~January 1st, 2019

~January 1st, 2019. Three months after Maya Greene committed suicide by jumping down Evergreen High's school building.

~

"She deserved the world, but the thing is, she never wanted it."

CAYDEN

Nobody really gives a fuck before you're dead.

And maybe that's the thing about humanity. We start caring when the time to care is long gone. What's the point with caring about someone when they're dead? I don't really understand. Perhaps they somehow want to fill that guilt by caring for a dead person. It gives them some sort of comfort. The thought is comical. Caring for the dead. Wow. Maya Greene was right. We humans, we are odd species. We really are.

"How are you today?" Mr Standall asked, pushing his glasses from his nose and up to his honey brown eyes.

Ever since Maya Greene, Evergreen high's queen bee jumped down the school's building 3 months ago, her death pretty much affected the whole school. And ever since that day, the school's counselor started having sessions with all the students, but mostly with her closest friends and victims every week.

It's a mystery to everyone, really. Maya Greene was the school's most popular and richest girl, a flawless beauty who every girl was jealous of with the happiest smile glued permanently on her face and lived a perfect life. Sure, she had a bitchy attitude, bullied a few students, but even though many despised her, many more aspired to be just like her. Or more specifically, they wanted her life.

Maya Greene, along with her boyfriend, Nathan Northwood and her best friend, Bree Johnson, along with the rest of the jocks and cheerleaders, ruled the grounds of Evergreen High.

She was flawlessly perfect. But the thing is, that was only from the outside.

Maya Greene had a dark secret. Which she didn't share with a single living soul.

And I knew it.

Maya Greene was so much more than what she showed herself to be in front of the world.

She was....phenomenal.

She wasn't a star. Heck, she was a whole meteor.

"I'm good," I mumbled, my attention subconsciously traveling to the tree outside the window behind Mr Standall that had now lost all its leaves of the winter. It had become a natural habit to gaze at the tree instead of the man sitting across from me, behind his desk.