33. Nervous To The Core

Chapter 33 & 34 are published

"I'm becoming more silent these days."

MAYA

"So seeing how Cayden reacted to Nathan's arms brushing against his, confirms that they have a history together?" Bree didn't sound completely convinced when standing in front of the mirror in my bedroom, running a brush through her hair.

We were currently getting ready to eat dinner with my parents, and Alec and Cayden were joining us because Dad and Mia really wanted to meet the two people in addition to Bree, that I had been spending so much time with ever since I woke up from my coma.

"Yeah. You should've seen the look on his face. I'm telling you, B, they have some sort of history together," I said.

Bree turned around to face me, her hands falling to her hip as she held the hairbrush in her other hand. Her cheerleader uniform was exchanged with a peach colored dress that complimented her pale complexion and champagne blonde waves falling below her chest.

She looked suspicious. "Okay, but how is it even possible? Like I once said earlier, while Cayden is like the ice king, Nathan is the golden king. How could they possibly have a history together? And the most important question above everything, how does nobody know about it?"

Sitting legs-crossed on my bed while applying strokes of pink blush on my cheeks with a makeup brush, I shrugged. "I don't know, but by the look on Cayden's face, I can guarantee that whatever they shared, ended painfully."

"Maybe you should ask him about it?"

"I don't know. I feel like I shouldn't," I answered.

Bree put the brush back on my dressing table and sat down in front of me in my bed with an excited smile. "Putting aside Cayden and Nathan, let's talk about Cayden and you. Have you talked about what you two are to each other now?"

"No, not yet, but can I tell you something?"

She took my hands in hers. "Yeah, of course, you can."

"I like Cayden. I like him a lot but I thought about it and I don't know if I'm ready to date him or be in a relationship yet."

"Wait, hold up. This doesn't have anything to do with Nathan or John, right?"

"No...kind of, I guess. I don't know. Okay, maybe a little, because Cayden's literally the best thing that has ever happened to me and after being with Nathan because other wanted us to and forcefully getting used by John, I'm not sure if I'm ready to be intimate with a guy again. I feel like if Cayden and I become more than friends, things might change and maybe even get ruined. What if being in a relationship will ruin what we have now as friends, you know?"