7. Make It Worth It

"She's stuck between who she is, who she wants to be and who she should be

"She's stuck between who she is, who she wants to be and who she should be."

MAYA

Two days later after lunch, I was called to Mr. Standall's office. Admittedly, I didn't know how to feel when I knocked on the door to his office.

Remembering back to the day I jumped, I recalled what I said to him when the last time I was in his office to say goodbye. I told him that I lied when I said I was okay and that I would come see him the next day, because the next day would be a better day. And it was a better day. I found peace in oblivious darkness, but the universe didn't want me in that peaceful oblivion so early.

When I slightly opened the door, my heartbeat quickened and I wondered what must've gone through his mind when he read the news about what I did. I imagined him waiting for me in his office the next morning, but I never came. He read the news and I was all over it. Maya Greene committed suicide. I wonder how hard that hit him.

When I spotted a man in his thirties sitting on his usual chair behind his desk, I immediately recognized him as Mr. Standall. He had the same blond short haircut and kind honey brown eyes while his glasses were resting on his nose. Dressed in a blue sweater and a blue and white striped shirt underneath, he was leaned back in his chair. He looked at me with a warm smile across his face.

"Hi," I briefly said.

"Hey. Come on in," he said, politely. I could see the slightest of disbelief and surprise over the fact that I was in his office, standing in front of him.

"Don't look at me like that. You don't need to double check. I'm very much existing and breathing," I assured with a smile.

Mr. Standall chuckled. "Well, I'm surprised, but so glad to see you. Come, sit down."

I sat down on the empty chair across from him. When he relaxed by leaning back in his chair, I did the same while folding my hands in my lap.

"How are you?"

"I'm okay, I guess."

"Would you like to share whatever's happened since you woke up?" He asked with a gentle and soothing tone.

"So much has happened. I don't really know where to start," I admitted.

"Why don't you start from the beginning?" He suggested.

First, I didn't say anything. I just sat in complete silence, wondering how and where I was supposed to start from. How was I supposed to
put my feelings into words? Did I even want to share anything with him?