v

Six Years Ago

Wendy's mother decided on a nice little pizzeria that was secluded from the rest of town. It fell right on the edge of the highway, which in a way was nice. Besides all the cars driving past, the little restaurant felt homely to anyone who waltzed in.

Like the Kane's, Lawrence's, Johansson's, and the Styles'.

For the most part, they took up the whole restaurant, aside from the one young couple that seemed to be on a date, or the family of four that took up the corner booth.

"Why don't you guys go pick your own booth and we'll choose our own table," Katherine suggested, pointing around to the various empty seats.

The teenagers shrugged, choosing a random booth by a window.

Unfortunately for Wendy, however, because Patty and Derek quickly shoved to one side of the booth, that left Harry to sitting next to her. She grumbled under her breath as she clambered into the booth, sitting beside the window.

"Cheer up, princess," Harry teased, earning a kick to his leg from Wendy. He hissed in pain, causing a smile to erupt on Wendy's petite face.

"So– you two, let's talk about it," Derek piped up, earning a nudge from Patty.

Wendy slammed her head against the table as Harry began to cackle like a hyena.

"There's nothing to talk about!" Wendy whisper shouted, not wanting to earn the attention from her family sat beside them.

"There obviously is. Are you still gonna act like you have sticks up your asses around each other?" Derek questioned, tapping his fingers on the table in a drumming motion.

"Most probably."

"Yeah."

Those responses caused Patty and Derek to groan and roll their eyes.

"You two had sex. Gave each other your virginities. That has to count for something," Derek continued, a look of hopefulness glazing across his brown eyes.

"It doesn't," Wendy scoffed, picking at her nails. It pained her to say that, to be honest. Because obviously it meant something. She just didn't want it to.

"You are just the most frustrating people on this planet," Patty whined, pouting her lips.

Wendy and Harry shrugged, simply not caring how they are perceived by other people.

Soon enough the waitress came over and they ordered just a regular pie.

They were at the restaurant for just a little over an hour before finally deciding to head out.

"So," Patty started, luring in her friends so they would fall behind their families. "Kyle Leon is hosting a party tonight and we should go."

"I think I'm partied out," Wendy said, not really feeling the idea of going out tonight.

"Oh, shut up. We're gonna go at like nine or ten so be ready. I'll be the designated tonight, yes, surprise surprise. Okay, bye," Patty rushed off to her family getting in their car.

The other three looked at each other with tired expressions on their faces. But they knew Patty would never let them live down not going for as long as they lived. They bid their goodbyes and rejoined their families.

"Wendy! It's nine-thirty-five, why aren't you ready yet!" Patty screamed into the phone over facetime.

Wendy currently sat in her bed, in her pajamas, eating a bowl of ice cream with her iPhone 4 propped on her knees so she could use both hands to hold the bowl.