xxiv

I really needed to drink more often. Although, sometimes, drinking too much gets me places I never want to be, but right now, I couldn't be happier.

When we arrived to the club, bar place that I forgot the name of, all signs of stress and bad thoughts left my mind. Maybe that says a lot about who I am as a person, but right now, this is what I needed.

I intended to get absolutely wasted, which was completely polar opposite to how I felt about this night just a few hours prior. Before, I wanted to sleep and not ever get out of bed; but now, I wanted to party till I dropped, or until I wind up in someone else's bed.

Stumbling out of the uber in these heels, I latched onto Patty to stay by my estrogen pal because we were just overworked with all of the testosterone flying around. I wasted no time in dragging her inside behind me after showing our ID's to the bouncer. I heard her laughing telling me to slow down but I wanted to get to the bar before a swarm of people could get in the way of us getting drinks.

It was like I was some teenager or newly-turned twenty-one year old excited to drink heaps amount of alcohol for the first time. That's how giddy I was. When in reality, I was excited to lose my mind. It's been well-needed.

"Why don't you go find them and get somewhere to sit or something and I'll get a round for us y'all?" Patty said into my ear to make sure I could hear her.

"No, no, I'll do it. Go find them and then come back," I shouted over the music. She was reluctant at first but then nodded her head, disappearing into the mass of bodies.

Squeezing my way through the people at the bar, I finally made my way to the counter, waving down the bartender. There were three behind the bar hustling around each other to satisfy each customer waving them down. For a Saturday, it was pretty busy. I felt sympathy for any workers that had to deal with all this chaos tonight and all the aftermath tomorrow.

The dark skinned one made his way over to me, the face now being instantly recognizable. "Ethan!"

"Wendy, nice to see you again," he smiled, awaiting for my order.

"Fourteen vodka shots, please, dear friend," I giggled. Wow, I really was starting to enter the crazy mode of my mind. I never personally understood what kind of drunk I am. I think personally, I'm an emotional drunk but it depends on what emotion is being triggered. If I'm sad, I'll be extra sad, if I'm mad, I'll be extra mad, so on and so forth. It could always change too depending on the stimulus. So right now, I was beyond happy for whatever reason and I'm sure I would be for the rest of the night unless something wants to prove otherwise.

"That's a lot for one person," he chuckled, setting fourteen glasses on the table.

"Oh, it's not just for me! Don't worry, I'm not an alcoholic just yet," I joked.

I heard my name being yelled, so I turned my head to find Patty squishing through groups of people to get to me. She seemed out of breath.

"Jesus, people don't give a shit if someone's walking by," she huffed, a little redness on her cheeks. "Are all these shots for us?"

"I decided to go for two rounds. I know you're buying so I hope you don't mind, otherwise I'll just pay," I stated, remembering I had some money in my top. Although, I don't think enough. I'll need to go to an ATM at some point since my card is at home.

"It's fine. I did say I'll pay," she shrugged, leaning forward on the counter.

"Oh, Patty, this is Ethan. Ethan, Patty," I introduced the two, them both smiling at one another.