New School, New Life

Why hello dear fellow Directioners! I asked on my other fan fic if anyone would read this story and you replied yes (but to be honest, I would've posted this anyway) so here it is! And remember, this is an AU story so it's completely made up.

Sorry if I get any of the school dates and times mixed up, but I live in NZ and the school system is pretty different over here. I'll try and do the holidays right, but I'll keep the daily timetable like the one I'm used to.

I'm gonna try and update this at least once every two weeks. If I don't, you have permission to take my pie away from me. 

Warning: Will contain mentions of self-harming, violence, swearing, stuff like that so if you feel uncomfortable by this sort of thing or are triggered by it I'd advise you not to read.

******************************************************************************************************************

Niall's POV

"Get up you worthless piece of shit!" 

I whimpered and struggled to move from my curled position on the grass, blinking away the tear that had started to form in my eye knowing it would only anger him more. I somehow managed to get up onto my hands and knees before his foot connected with my stomach, causing my arms to give way beneath me. Hitting the groan with a thud I groaned, my breath coming in short bursts. Why was he doing this? Why did he bully me? What did I do to deserve this? I never meant to do anything wrong. All I knew was as soon as I first set foot in school twelve years ago he had been out to get me.

"You're pathetic!" he growled, roughly yanking me up by my arm. I whimpered again as I stumbled to my feet, but I didn't protest. I was used to it. A single tear escaped through my lashes and made its way down my cheek.

"Aww look at that. The poor baby is crying!" he mocked, getting loud cheers from the rest of his gang. I winced as he gripped my arm tighter, digging his short nails into the tender flesh leaving the area red and sore to the touch. "Too bad your mommy isn't here to protect you," he spat. 

He punched me square in the face, sending me flying backwards onto the grass. I skidded along the ground, getting scrapes and cuts all up my arms and face. I rolled onto my side, violently coughing up blood. He'd never hit me in the face before, never. Usually he would only hurt me in places that wouldn't be seen, like my stomach.

I attempted to get up but a foot came down on my back, stopping me from going anywhere. He added weight onto it, making me cry out in pain. He pressed down harder, grinding the heel of his boot into my spine.

"Stop! Please!" I begged, tears running freely down my face. I thrashed around, trying to get away. The weight suddenly vanished, only for a heaver one to drop down on me. I gasped as all the air left my lungs at once. I soon realised he'd jumped onto me and was now sitting on my aching back. His hands found their way to my hair, twisting it around as he forced my head back. I braced my hands on the ground, trying to lessen the pain as I made the mistake of looking upwards into his cold eyes.

He met my fearful eyes with a sneer, nodding at someone in front of me. I snapped my eyes back as one of his gang approached and started to punch me over and over another in the face while another took pleasure in kicking my torso, breaking a few ribs in the process.

I closed my eyes, tears running rapidly down my face, mixing with the blood from my lip and nose. The salt angered my cuts and bruises which caused more tears to stream down my face. This was by far the worse he'd beaten me up. Usually it was only a few kicks to the stomach.

All of a sudden, I felt someone jump on my leg. I heard and felt it as the bone snapped. My eyes shot open as the pain shot through my entire being like a blade of fire. I let out a bloodcurdling scream that echoed in the open air.