Apologies

So sorry for the late update, but I was busy. Exams have started (right on Niall’s birthday!) so don’t expect any regular updates until next week.

After I last updated, my friend (Christina) told me that she didn’t like Skyla and thought she was a bitch. So my question to you is, what are your thoughts on Skyla before and after you read this? (Because I really want to know!)

Cause I can’t do this alone

Woah oh oh oh oh

I can’t do this alone

Baby come on home

That song has been stuck in my head for ages thanks to Chelsea and Christina. Thanks guys!

I just realised if I had updated tomorrow instead, you guys would have had permission to steal my pie! Phew!

This is probably the longest authors note on this story that I’ve ever done. I usually do them on Never Thought I’d See You Again.

I’m gonna shut up now.

******************************************************************************************************************

Niall's POV

"Are you alright?" Anya asked me, her concerned face inches away from my own. I nodded, managing to get back onto my feet. “I can’t believe she did that to you!! I hate her!”

“No you don’t,” I rasped, wincing a bit at the slight pain in my throat. She gave me a questioning look. “You don’t hate her. Not one bit.”

Her face crumpled and she dropped her head in her hands. Her shoulders shook as sobs echoed through the room. I reached out and pulled her into a hug, stroking her dark hair softly. “I-I’m sorry,” she choked out between sobs. “I know I should hate her, but I just can’t!!”

I held her until she calmed down, sobs turning into sniffles and the odd hiccup. She pulled away, leaving a damp patch on my shirt, easily covered up by my jacket. “Sorry,” she sniffled.

“It’s fine.” I assured her. “Really, I don’t mind.”

She wiped a few stray tears from her eyes. “We should get the nurse to check your throat,” she announced, grabbing her bag and mine and leading me outside and towards the main school block. I took my bag from her and swung it onto my back.

“Hey Jane,” Anya greeted the cheerful lady as we walked in. She looked up from her book and smiled sweetly at her.

“Hello again Anya.” She answered. “What seems to be the problem?”

“Niall here,” she started, gesturing to me. “Hurt his throat. Could you check it out for us?”

“Not a problem,” she said. “Come sit down Niall.”

I did as I was told and nervously started to scratch my arm. Jane came over and started to examine my neck. She gently poked a redden area. “Tell me if it hurts,” she said and I nodded. She continued to poke various parts of my neck and only once did I feel any pain. It was where Skyla’s nails had dug into my flesh.

“Well,” Jane said, stepping back from me. “It seems no serious damage was done. Get a good night’s rest and you should be as good as new in the morning.” She said. “Now run along! Classes will start in a minute!” she waved us off and began reading where she’d left off.

“I’ll see you at lunch, okay?” Anya asked. I nodded and headed to my next class.

Throughout the rest of the day, my mind was consumed with thoughts of Skyla. I don’t think she knew, but she had been muttering I can’t let it happen again while she attacked me. But what did it mean? I was burning with curiosity, I had to know.