Immune To Change

Pic on the side is of Izzy, but she has dark brown eyes, not blue.

Forgot to add that Danielle and Eleanor aren't in the music class. Just realised that after I posted.

Song is Talking to the Moon by Bruno Mars.

******************************************************************************************************************

Niall's POV

I pushed open the first door I came to and checked to make sure there were no people around. The place was pitch black so I simply listened for a sound of any sort. Nothing, it was empty. I fumbled around on the wall before finding the light switch and flicking it on, the sight in front of me causing me to gasp in wonder.

A huge stage was in front of me with lights hidden up in the roof. Stairs on either side granted access and heavy red curtains blocked the rest of the stage from view. Hundreds of seats in rows faced the stage.

In a daze, I found myself walking down the main aisle and up onto center stage. I gently parted the curtains and slipped inside. A faint red light glowed from my right and beside it hung a thick rope. I pulled down with all my strength and slowly, the curtains shuffled backwards until you couldn't see them anymore.

"Woah," I breathed, seeing the stage in its full glory. I was in awe. I hummed a familiar tune as I walked back towards center stage and began to sing quietly.

"I know you're somewhere out there, somewhere far away. I want you back. I want you back." I started singing, facing the back and closing my eyes. "My neighbours think I'm crazy, but they don't understand. You're all I have. You're all I have." I sang, my accent disappearing as my voice grew slowly louder and louder.  "At night when the stars light up my room, I sit by myself, talking to the moooooooooooon. Trying to get to yoooooooooooou. In hopes you're on the other side, talking to me too! Am I the fool, who sits alone, talking to the moon? Oh woah-oh-oh."

I sighed heavily and stopped. How am I ever gonna get through this assignment? I can't even sing to my mum, let alone an entire class. I'm just gonna make a fool of myself on stage. I sighed again.

Then the clapping started.

I snapped my eyes open and spun around on my heel to find a girl standing in the middle of the aisle, looking directly at me. It was the very same girl who'd been in the music class when I first came in. Her name was Izzy, I think. She slowly approached the front of the stage, still clapping slowly. I watched her every movement warily, slightly intimidated by her presence. I had to fight down the urge to flee but couldn't force my muscles to relax.

"Well, I gotta hand it to you," she said, leaning an arm on the front of the stage. "You've got a good set of lungs there Neil."

It's Niall! I thought, slightly annoyed. Why does everyone think my name is Neil?

"What'd you say?" she asked, face clouded with curiosity.

"I-I didn't say anything." I stuttered, jumping a bit at her raised voice. She narrowed her dark brown eyes at me.

"Yes you did. You muttered something like It's Nile." She accused before starting up the stairs towards me. I took a trembling step back. Shit, had I said that out loud?

"Yes, yes you did." She answered. "Now what was it that you said Neil?" she demanded, stepping closer to me.

"It's Niall!" I blurted out.

"What?"

"My name's Ni-Niall, not Neil." I answered, flinching as she took another step closer.