Music Class

Two chapters in one night? I'm on a role!

Pic is of Skyla and Anya

Next chapter will have a pic of Izzy

******************************************************************************************************************

Niall's POV

I stuffed my hands into my pockets and kept my head down as I walked through one of the many corridors of this large school. I made my way quickly to the front office.

"Neil Horan?" the lady behind the desk asked as I walked in. I nodded, not bothering to correct her mistake. "Here's your timetable, a map and locker code. Don't lose them." She went on to say, handing me my school stuff. I nodded again and exited.

I looked up my locker on the map, finding it not too far away. After locating it, I proceeded to open it. Well, tried to. I frowned. Why wasn't it opening? I tried the code yet again; maybe I'd gotten it wrong. The locker remained stubbornly locked. What is wrong with this thing?! I furrowed my eyebrows as I stared at it, wondering how I could get the blasted thing open.

"Excuse me, but why are you trying to break into my locker?" a voice asked from behind me. I jumped and looked over my shoulder. I saw a taller boy with raven hair, dark eyes and tanned skin with a few tattoos here and there. My heart started pounding as I took in his rough appearance. Shit, he looked like he could beat me to a pulp with one hit.

"S-so-sorry," I stuttered, sliding past him. His hand shot out and I flinched, expecting to feel the throb of a fist in my face. Instead, he grabbed my timetable and looked over it.

"I see what the problem is; you got the last two numbers mixed up. My locker's 734, yours is 743." He explained, holding it out to me and pointing at a spot near the top. I gingerly took my timetable back and saw he was right. Dammit, I'm such an idiot!

"Oh," I uttered, feeling my cheeks heat up a little as I mentally punched myself.

"It's fine. Happens to everyone. No harm done." He smiled. I returned it with a weak nod, uncertain whether or not he was just pretending to be nice to me just so he could beat me up. That's the message I got from him from his image.

"Uh, thanks." I mumbled before heading for my locker a few meters away.

"No problem! Maybe I'll see you around?" he called after me as I walked away. I turned back to look at him in confusion.

"Um, yeah." I answered quickly before scurrying the last few steps to my locker, opening it and dumping all my supplies inside. I checked my timetable and got out the appropriate books for the upcoming lessons. A large sigh escaped me.

Today was going to be a long day.

--------

I skipped lunch, not wanting to be around all that noise and all those bodies. I shuddered at the thought of being trapped in there, with no way of getting out. Years of being locked in small cupboards or toilets had made me claustrophobic.

I sat outside under an old oak tree and started my homework. I had nothing better to do. Every so often I'd look up across the playing field and watch as the other students played soccer or chatted with their friends. I felt a familiar pang in my chest. Why can't I be like that? Why can't I have friends who I can trust and talk to with no fear?

A buzzing in my pocket interrupted my thoughts and I pulled out my phone to find I had one new message from Mr Mysterious. I smiled slightly. Well, I guess I had one friend despite having never met him or even knowing his name.