Old Friends

Wow, it’s been way too long since this has been updated; over a month. God, I’m hopeless with this story, aren’t I?

But I do have a good reason. I wanted to get my other story over and done with as it was nearly over and then there was the whole production week that was crazy and afterwards, I was way too tired to do much more than sleep and now I have exams… so yeah.

I just want you guys to know that I won’t give up on this story. I will NEVER give up on a story.

Just keep that in mind.

Song on the side, a personal fav from Take Me Home

******************************************************************************************************************

Danielle’s POV

Shit. Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit!!!! It’s only my first day and I’ve already lost my chemistry book! Why do these things always happen to me?!

“Jesus Christ!” I cursed as I whipped my head back and forth, making my curls dance. There was no sign of the bright neon green book cover. Shit!

I’d been looking for so long that the halls were now deserted of everyone except me. I only had about twenty or so minutes more to find the stupid book or I’d have to go to class without it. I reached the end of the hall and had to contain my scream of frustration.

Calm down Dani, just calm down, I told myself as I felt panic rising like bile in my throat. I took a deep, shaky breath. Think. Where did you leave it last? I closed my eyes and retraced my steps from the beginning of the day.

“Ah ha!” I yelled, clicking my fingers as I snapped my eyes open. “It’s in my locker! Duh!” I said, slapping my forehead at my stupidity. That should’ve been the first place I’d checked!

I quickly made my way to my locker, skidding around the corner only to crash into someone and send them stumbling backwards before falling over.

“Really?!” she yelled, moving her white headphones so they were hung around her neck. “Again? Does everyone find it fun to run into me or something?!”

“Oh god, I’m so sorry!” I apologised, grabbing one of her hands and hauling her to her feet. “Are you okay?” I fretted, brushing invisible dust off her clothing.

“Stop it!” she said as she batted my hands away. “Just, stop touching me!”

“Sorry,” I said, cringing at her snappy attitude. “It’s just it’s my first day here and I lost my book and I was panicking and then I remembered where I put it and I was running to grab it and I ran into you and-” I was cut off as she looked up to meet my eyes.

“Look…” she trailed off as our equally brown orbs meet, each of us instantly recognising the other. “Dani?”

“Izzy!” I yelled, a smile brightening up my face and I attacked her in a bear hug. I hardly noticed that she tensed up as I pulled back to look at her. “Oh my god, you’ve changed so much! Your style is different and you cut your beautiful hair.” I noticed sadly, reaching out a hand to touch the midnight strands. She grabbed my wrist before I could.

“I don’t like people touching my hair.” She stated, realising her hold. I frowned at her, tilting my head a bit.

“You never had a problem with it before,” I said slowly.

“Well I do now.”

“Why?”

An emotion came into her eyes, but it disappeared before I could identify it. She sighed heavily. “It’s… complicated.”