When a parent goes on your phone and finds the Camp Camp stories you read

Based off a true story. This isn't  a oneshot, this is real life and it's scary.

Isn't related to Camp Camp that much

"Can I borrow your phone?" Your mum asks innocently.

You don't think much of it since your phone is the closest thing to you and your mother most likely wants to look a Google Maps. She's only looked at your phone a couple of times since the two of you have been on your holiday in England (I'm not being specific so people can't stalk me. Not that anyone would want to. Crap, that's what they all say.) and they've all been to check where a location was or to look at the weather on Google Crome.

Everything seems fine until she clicks on the "Internet" icon instead of Google Crome. You don't realise what's going on until you and your mother are face to face with "1 - 20 of 1648 Works in Camp Camp (Web Series)" on the website you've been on most recently, Archive of Our Own.

She pauses for a second before typing in the search bar "Weather forecast (city in England) while you're face to face with all of your shame. It seems like eternity you're waiting for the screen to go away on your phone. At this moment you remember why you kept seven tabs open. Unfortunately, you forgot to change tabs when you finished reading your fan fiction to that image of Mike Wazowski holding Olaf so now she knows you're shame.

"Why is your phone so slow?" She asks.

You wonder the same thing as the app turns to white and continues to load. Thank goodness. All is safe.

After another minute of waiting she asks for your iPad. You give it to her, thinking the list of Steven Universe episodes was the tab you were on.

You do your password for her and wait, relieved.

...

...

"Camp Camp fan art?" She asks with a disapproving tone that verges on laughter.

'Fuck!' You think to yourself.

She continues her task anyway as the images remain on the screen.

"I-it's just, like, what people draw. And it's usually cute photos of Max and David. I dunno," you try to stutter awkwardly.

Your mum doesn't reply as the screen loads. Even though she doesn't say anything, you know that she's judging you and looking at all your dirty secrets. You made everything worse for yourself.

The one thing that's going through your mind behind all the embarrassment is gratitude, gratitude she didn't come across your Wattpad account.

She hasn't said anything about it yet but the whole family will soon find out when I get back to Australia.