I'm bored. Let's go flying!

"I'm bored," Harry said some time later, after they had finished the food Dumbledore had ordered for them.

Draco looked up from the book he was reading. "You still have to finish two of Severus' essays," he reminded his mate, who lay sprawled on the floor, a book on his chest.

"I know, but I still have two and a half days to get it done. Besides, I'm not in the mood to study. I want to do something fun."

"Like what?"

"I don't know." Harry pouted. "Hey, I know!" he suddenly yelped, smoothly getting on his feet, causing Draco to drool at the fluid motions of skin and muscles. "Let's go flying!"

"What?" Draco asked, pulling his mind out of the gutter with an effort.

"Let's go flying! I haven't been on a broom in ages! Stupid Umbridge!" Harry added under his breath. "Wanna come along?" he asked, heading for his room to get his trusted Firebolt and put on a robe.

"Sure, why not?" Draco gave in. Staying here and reading about boring plants, or be with his mate flying? There was no contest.

Five minutes later, the two boys were standing in the Quidditch pitch. Classes were still in session, so they had the place to themselves.

"How about some friendly competition?" Harry smirked. "You and me and a Quaffle?"

"Think you can win, Potter?" Draco smirked right back.

"Against you? Hell, yeah!"

"Too bad we don't have a Quaffle, or I'd make you eat those words," Draco challenged.

"Who says we don't?" Harry asked, pulling something from his pocket. He twirled his wand over it, and moments later, he was holding a bright yellow ball in his hand. "Are you game? Or is hot air all you've got?" he teased, throwing the Quaffle into the air and catching it again.

"Bring it on!" Draco called, zooming into the air, stealing the Quaffle with ease. He laughed out loud at the indignant cry from below him and then Harry was next to him, laughing as well.

HPDM

Draco was in the lead, 20 to16, when a shout came from below. Looking down, he saw his father waving for them to join him. Looking over at Harry and noting he'd seen the summons as well, the two of them flew down to land beside the blond aristocrat standing at the edge of the pit.

"Having fun, boys?" Lucius asked, watching the two windblown, red-faced, and above all, happy looking children.

"You bet! You should have seen me, Father. I beat the pants off Potter," Draco crooned happily. This was the most fun he had had in ages and he was riding high on those happy feelings. That his happiness was amplified with the feelings coming from Harry only heightened his happiness even more.

"In your dreams, Malfoy," Harry replied smartly. "Just wait till next time!"

"Hah!"

"Boys," Lucius said sternly, not wanting to put a damper on their good mood, but he had no desire to stand there and listen to the two of them banter back and forth either. "Severus and I need to talk to you."