Lots of Talent

Harry felt like the entire school had gone mad, maybe it was affecting the entire world for all he knew. He and Draco had made it to their first class with a few minutes to spare and they had settled at the only chairs left empty, at the front centre of the room, causing Draco to lift his eyebrows in surprise; usually either Granger or some eager Ravenclaw took that seat.

Harry had merely shrugged his shoulders and settled before McGonagall could jump down his throat. But during the entire class he had felt the other student's eyes boring into his back, and when the lesson ended he had no idea what the Professor had been lecturing about, his only hope was that Draco had managed better to focus.

Things did no improve once they had left the classroom, on the contrary things only got worse. Students who never used to talk to him, much less give him the time of day, were trying to catch his attention. Robes were left open, and they weren't the only thing left unbuttoned to Harry's chagrin. People constantly tried to touch him, or brush past him. It made navigating the corridors hell, and by the time they made it to their next class, Harry was extremely frazzled, and Draco looked like he was ready to commit murder.

This time, having learned his lesson, Harry settled at the back of the room, as close to the door as he could get. Once the bell rang signalling the end of the lecture, which Harry again hadn't heard a word of; he sprang into action and ran from the room, Draco close on his heels. Dashing down corridors, using every shortcut he knew, Harry managed to get the two of them to the kitchen, and he collapsed at a table for once ignoring Dobby's enthusiastic greetings.

"What has gotten into everyone?" Harry exploded, boring his eyes into Draco's startled ones. "Zacharias Smith kept putting his hand on my shoulder, wanting to talk to me about the D.A. Zack never talks to me outside the meetings, that stuck up prick isn't exactly fond of me, and after all the times he's been talking back to me the feeling is definitely mutual!

"And what was the matter with Susan Bones? According to Ron, she is the most prudish girl in school so how come I could see most of her chest! And what was up with Sally Perks? She kept giving me those weird looks that made her look like a sick cow! And what the hell was wrong with Justin Finch-Fletchley? He kept passing us I don't know how many times in the corridors, behaving in a most peculiar way, flexing his chest and moving his arms about. Was the entire school Confounded when no one was looking?" Harry was almost shouting at the end, and Draco thought he hadn't seen a more beautiful sight, with his hair on end, more than usual, and his green eyes flashing with passion, making Draco wanting nothing more but pull the other youth down onto his lap and devour him, the rest of the school be damned.

Then it sunk in what Harry had said, and the Veela blinked in astonishment. Harry didn't know what was going on? It seemed unbelievable. Almost the entire school was throwing themselves at him, and his mate didn't see what was going on? Relief flooded through him, and Draco was unable to hold back a snicker.

"Don't tell me they got to you too!" Harry cried in alarm and that was it for Draco, who promptly laughed himself silly. He knew it was merely relief of stress from a most strenuous morning, but he was unable to tell his mate that, a mate who grew more and more frantic.

Harry watched with irritation and then growing alarm as Draco, the cool, 'I'm always in control' Draco Malfoy was practically crawling on the floor in hysterics. Was he the only sane person in school today! Not knowing what else to do, Harry grabbed on to his necklace. "Lucius? Are you there?" he asked, hoping desperately that what ever was affecting the school had bypassed the older Malfoy.