Nighttime Terrors and Tender Moments

Day Five- Friday
Draco woke with a start and an ear-piercing scream echoing in his ears. Bolting upright he panted, his heart beating wildly. What in Merlin's name had that been? He was brought up short when another scream echoed around the room and he realised it came from Harry.

Jumping out of his bed, the Veela rushed to his mate's side. Only to be stopped by the wards preventing him entrance. Cursing up a streak, he ran his hands through his hair. He needed to help his mate, but what could he do? He couldn't enter! Curse Dumbledore and his meddling!

A third scream made Draco's heart bleed. Unconsciously grabbing his necklace, he suddenly knew what he could do. "Lucius!" he called with desperation. "Father! Harry is having a nightmare and I can't get in! You have to help him! Please!" he begged, tears falling down his cheeks, unheeded.

"Calm down, my little dragon, I am on my way," he heard his father promise. Barely had the voice faded from his mind before the portrait was almost wrenched open and Lucius was at his side.

"Help him father," Draco pleaded and began to cry in earnest when Harry screamed again.

"NO! Sirius! SIRIUS!"

Lucius ran inside the room and gathered the thrashing teen into his arms, cursing the events that had cost the boy so much.

"Hush now Harry. You're safe," he murmured rocking the boy back and forth. It took several minutes, but eventually he managed to ease the poor child away from the nightmarish images that were holding him.

Not truly awake and only aware of the soft voice and the gentle arms holding him Harry broke down and began to cry; huge wrenching sobs that shook his entire body, all the while muttering "My fault, I'm so sorry, all my fault," over and over again.

"Oh Harry. No child, none of it was your fault," Lucius murmured trying to get through to the boy. Harry wasn't listening though and the blond was getting worried. Suddenly remembering his son Lucius made a decision and picked Harry up, blankets and all, and carried him into the living room. He transformed one of the couches into a large bed and settled against the headboard, Harry still in his arms.

Draco was at his side the second he stopped moving, sobbing as well and extremely distressed he'd been unable to come to his mate's aide. Lucius did his best to soothe them both, but it was a long time though before either of them fell back asleep.

HPDM

Harry was the first to wake up the next morning and he frowned at the weirdness of his pillow. It was hard and it moved. Opening a bleary eye he quickly scooted back and then blushed hotly at the sight of the two Malfoys. Belatedly he remembered his nightmare. And that he'd forgotten to put up silencing spells around his bed. Cursing himself for his stupidity, he slid out of the bed. Wanting to get away for a moment, at least until he'd had a chance to collect himself, he grabbed the letter to Remus and fled the room.

Shivering in the cold air Harry belatedly realised that maybe he should have put on some clothes before he fled the suite. Ah, well, it was too late now; he would just have to make sure not to be seen by anyone.

That notion lasted not five minutes before Harry was forced to stop and do something about his state of undress, since his bare feet were complaining too much about the cold stones and the rest of him wasn't too happy either. Not about to get a cold, Harry grabbed his wand, he fortunately had thought of taking it with him, and paused, unsure of what spell to use.