You Friends Are My Friends

Day Six - Saturday

Draco reluctantly swam out of a deep sleep when his bed began to bounce in a most annoying manner. He'd had the most wonderful dream too. He and Harry had been sunbathing on a beach. Out of consideration, he had been rubbing some oil onto his mate's back and things were just beginning to get interesting when his bed began to behave most rudely. "What!" he growled in annoyance.

"Come on Draco. It's a lovely morning and I want to go riding. Do you think Blaise will want to come with us? I think he is lonely now that you aren't there anymore. Is it ok if I ask him?"

Draco blinked and tried to understand the words fired at him rapidly. A rough shake of his shoulder helped to kick his brain into gear and he sat up.

"Good. Are you awake now? I'm gonna go riding. Do you want to come with me? Is it alright if I ask Blaise to come with us?" Harry asked again, looking at the blond with some concern.

"Why do you want Blaise to come?" Draco almost snarled the last question the only one that had really registered in his mind.

"Merlin, are you always this slow in the mornings?" Harry huffed, rolling his eyes at the ceiling. "I'm not interested in Blaise Zabini, so stow that jealousy act. I know he is your friend and I bet you he is lonely now that you no longer live in the dungeons. There's no one for him to talk to, right? So, I thought maybe the two of you would like it if he came along. If you don't want him to, say so. It is no skin off my nose," Harry said folding his arms across his chest.

"Oh," Draco said intelligently, looking a bit sheepish. "Yeah, he might wanna come. We will probably have to make his horse for him. He isn't exactly good at Transfiguration," he snickered at a memory. "What about your friends? Think anyone wants to come?"

"I don't think Neville will be interested. Ginny might, but I don't want to cause trouble between her and Ron. Luna might but somehow I can't see her interested in common horses, can you?"

Draco shook his head. He didn't know the loony Ravenclaw but he'd heard stories about her. "Very well, let me get dressed and we'll head down to the dungeons. And Harry? Thanks."

"No problem. It's like I said to Hermione. We aren't joined at the hip and we are allowed to have friends. Both of us," he added meaningly before leaving the room.

Draco sighed in relief, throwing the covers back. Gingerly he climbed out of bed and scurried into the bathroom. He had a little problem that needed to be dealt with – in private.

As they made their way to the dungeons Draco couldn't help but mull over what Harry had said earlier, that they were both allowed having friends. When he found out who his mate was, he had figured he'd be doomed to a life surrounded by Gryffindorks. Never in a million years believing that Harry would tolerate any of his friends even if he managed to win the brunet's affection and love.

Once more, the youth had surprised him with his mature attitude. It bothered him though that there was a rift between Harry and Ron and Hermione. They had always seemed inseparable. Well, aside that time in fourth year, or that time in third... Hmm, maybe they had been drifting apart for some time now, only no one had realised it?

A slight shove brought him out of his musings and he found himself staring at the closed entrance to the Slytherin dorms. He had no memory of how they'd gotten here and he gave Harry a suspicious look, just how did a Gryffindor know the way to the Slytherin dorms? Harry just smiled at him, if Draco squinted his eyes he almost could make out the halo on top of the other boy's head. Snorting, not trusting the angelic look one bit, he uttered the password and walked inside, Harry close on his heels.