015

-AVA-

I said bye to my friend Lilly when I saw my mum's car pull up, I felt a flutter in my tummy every time I said that - 'mum' it felt so unreal that I would ever have someone to call that again.

"Darlin', how was school?" she asked when I entered the car

I told her all about my day but left out the part when Ashley called me an ugly orphan.

*3 hours ago*

Lily and I were playing on the swing when Ashley came by.

"Get off, I want to use the swing" she said without saying please hmph

"We are still playing on it" I replied pushing Lily

"I was talking to Lily, I don't speak to ugly orphans, I wouldn't want to become one" she said replied

"Leave Ava alone, you're just jealous because she is prettier than you"

"As if I would be jealous of an orphan. You can keep the swings, she has touched it and I wouldn't want to catch it" she said before leaving. I was trying to hold back the tears, I knew I wasn't ugly but I am an orphan.

*flashback over*

I didn't want her to worry. We stopped at Uncle Tristan's ice cream shop and I greeted Ashley on the way in, this Ashley was so nice, I don't know why the one in school is so mean. I know I said I would never order any other flavor but Uncle Tristan had other ideas. He and mummy were talking while I ate my ice - cream.

I did my homework in the car so I could watch TV immediately I got home, solid plan. Paxton came back and kissed mummy on her cheek, I don't think she knows that boys have cooties, probably why she didn't send him away. I'll make sure to tell her later. I couldn't wait for Saturday 'cause it's my birthday. I didn't want to say anything about it since Paxton and Mummy already gave me a castle and a whole closet and shoes and this biiiiiiig house to live in.

*Friday evening*

"Bye Aunt Sheila" I said as I hugged her goodbye. She gave me a kiss on the forehead then went to say bye to mum in the kitchen. I went to the library to get a book for Paxton to read to me before bed. It was our new thing, he does the best voices for the different characters. He told me not to tell mummy but I have a feeling she already knows.

30 minutes later she came to tuck me in and make sure I had brushed my teeth and worn my pj's. She placed a kiss on my cheek before leaving and almost immediately Paxton came in and read me the princess and the pea. One of my favorites.

*The following morning*

I woke up early with tears in my eyes from the dream I just had. In the dream Alexandria and Paxton had their own baby and dropped me back in the orphanage 'cause they didn't need me anymore. I looked at the ceiling and tried hard to imagine the faces of my real parents, but nothing came to mind. "Mom, dad, wherever you are..... I miss you. I have a new mummy now, her name is Alexandria and she is very pretty and kind, she has a nice boyfriend too and he likes her very much and they are gonna get married and he'll be my new daddy. He is very nice too, he reads my bedtime stories and takes me to Uncle Tristan's shop even though they don't like each other very much. They are my new family but they could never replace you and I hope they don't replace me too."

I wiped the tears and went to have my bathe picking out an outfit that looks like what mummy would wear.

I was about to go downstairs when someone knocked on the door. Paxton came in after I said he could with a smile, a stack of pancakes and mommy following behind

" Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday dear Ava

Happy birthday to you.

"Happy birthday darling" mommy said squeezing me till I couldn't breathe. Paxton did the same but not as murderously. I ate the pancakes with them in my room then after Paxton went down and mommy braided my hair. "You and I are gonna go to uncle Tristan's ice cream parlor and meet up with Uncle Tristan, Aunty Sheila, grandpa and your two uncles. After that we'll come home and watch a movie... how does that sound?" she asked.

"That's sounds awesome, I can't wait" I replied squealing

"Good thing you don't have to 'cause I'm done with your hair"

Mommy and I just got home, Aunty Sheila gave me a crown and I haven't taken it off since. Grandpa and my uncles gave me gifts. Grandpa gave something called a trust fund.... I don't know what that means but mommy said she'll let me look it up later. When we were walking inside mommy started talking

"So you remember when I said we'll be watching a movie when we get home" she asked me

"Yes"

"Is it okay if I invited some people?"

Before I could answer the living room lights came up and .....

All my friends from the orphanage and lily and Joe were here. The tears that sprang to my eyes were instant. Everyone came to hug me and give me gifts (handmade) and I was sooo happy. Even happier when we went outside.

We all ran around and played for hours and when we were tired we all sat down for a movie.

This was undoubtedly the best birthday I've ever had.

After saying goodbye to everyone and taking loads of pictures some men came around to pack everything up. Mommy and I said goodbye to Lily lastly and then went inside.

"Darling hope you enjoyed your...."

I jumped on her engulfing her in one of her bone crushing hugs. "Thank you so much. This was the best birthday ever. I love you so much"

"We love you to darling, We love you too"