020

"Holly, please can you call Mr Grant's office for me?" I ask through the intercom while finishing up some work

"He's on the second line, Alexandria"

"Thanks "I replied, picking up the phone "Lucas, how are you doing?"

"I'm fine but I doubt you called to check up on my well being"

"You are right, I do not give two craps about how you're doing but courtesy demands I ask. I'm gonna go straight to business, we are gonna scout other companies we can get the equipment from by the end of the week, if you have a better starting point before them send it to my assistant, if you don't then good riddance. Have a wonderful day Mr Grant or not we both know I don't really care" I disconnected the call and packed my bag. It was already after 4, Paxton was picking Ava up from school today. I planned a mommy - daughter day for me and Ava for tomorrow, I hope it goes according to plan

***

"Wake up darlin' " I said to a sleeping Ava. She rolled into her pillow burying her head in the unicorn's horn "wive mo miwneets" she groaned into her pillow. (five more minutes)

"Okay, but if you stay in bed any longer I won't be able to stop Paxton from eating your Pancakes" with this she shot off the bed "Pancakes?"

"Good morning sleeping beauty "I said ruffling her hair, "Good morning mommy" she replied with a hug..... if only she would stay like this forever. "Go take your bath and get dressed, we're going out"

"Buh Paxton will eat my pancakes"

"Don't worry, just go get ready. You'll get your pancakes"

"Promise?"

"I promise, now go"

I lay down the new outfit I got for Ava before going to get dressed myself. It was a matching outfit that I couldn't resist getting for us.

I had already had my bath so i just went to get dressed, when i got downstairs Paxton was on the island typing away on his laptop. Things between us had been going smoothly so far. I just hope nothing changes that. "Morning" I said, making my presence known, I hadn't actually made pancakes but that was the only way to get her out of bed......... sue me.

Paxton enveloped me in his arms pressing a brief kiss to my lips once I reached the Island "Morning beautiful, where are you going all dressed up like this" cue eye roll

"I must have really lowered your expectations if this is dressed up to you"

"I've learnt not to expect much or I'd get disappointed"

I was about to smack his hand away when

"Mommy, we're wearing the same thing" Ava shouted from where she stood causing me to chuckle, it was fun seeing the raw excitement in her eyes from the littlest of things

She ran up to us hugging Paxton but only reaching his legs "Good morning" then she remembered something "Where are my pancakes?!?!" She asked looking around the kitchen

"Your pancakes are not here but we're gonna go get them" I supplied before she attacked Paxton

"What are we waiting for? Let's go!!!!!!!!!!"she said pulling me towards the door

"Wait, I want a picture of my favourite girls " Paxton said, pulling out his phone. I stooped down to her level tickling her then his flash went off.

"Perfect, you guys can go now" he said showing the pic to me. Ava made a huge deal about not using the car seat and how she was a 'big girl' so I let her sit on the seat but made sure her seat belt was fastened well and my eyes kept going to her through the mirror. I parked in front of a breakfast place that was famous for its pancake stacks. We got seated at a nearby table and were given two menus.

"Ava, honey, order whatever you want" those were the magic words she was waiting to hear 'cause she listed of a bunch of specifications of how she wanted her pancakes, hearing her order you would expect something extravagant but it was just a stack of pancakes lathered with syrup and topped with strawberries.

I doubted her ability to finish it but she proved me wrong and washed it down with an Oreo milkshake too. Like momma like daughter I guess.

I paid the bill before we went back into the car.

"Are we going home now?"Ava asked from the back seat

"No, I have a whole day planned for both of us. We are going to the spa next, we're gonna get some mani - pedi"

And we did, we went to the spa.

Then to build a bear where Ava and I made a purple and white bear.

Then to the arcade where Ava whooped my butt at almost every game. I soooo didn't let her win.

And then we went to get our hair done. After much persuasion from Ava we got matching braids which would be a terrible headache in the morning

Then we got frozen yougurt before heading home.

Ava got strawberry, while I got blueberry

When we got home we were exhausted. My back felt stiff from driving from place to place but it was all worth it to see the smile on Ava's face. Paxton was out so we decided to end our day with a Barbie movie marathon from princess and the pop star to fairytopia. We watched them all. I could feel Ava falling asleep beside me so I carried her up to her room and changed her surprisingly without waking her. When I tucked her in completely and put her unicorn pillow and bear beside her she hugged them to her chest. I placed a kiss on her forehead "Good night princess"

"Goodnight mommy, I love you" she said sleepily

"I love you too princess"

Locking the door behind me I went to put off the Tv downstairs and was thinking about making a snack when I felt something cover my mouth. At first I thought it was Paxton playing a joke but I realized it wasn't when black dots overtook my vision and everything turned pitch black.